Why does Phil Hardy not reply?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pmcallis »

Over the last 3-4 weeks, I've emailed Phil asking him if I may send my Chieftain whistle to him for adjustment. It has beautiful, strong low notes but the high octave notes take a huge, incredible amount of power to sound. Phil does not respond yet he posts messages on this Board all the time. How come?
Phil Hardy

Post by Phil Hardy »

Hi ,I always try to respond asap.
Are you sure you have the right email address.
phil@ kerrywhistles.demon.co.uk
If you can,email me this evening(uk) and I'll get right back.
All the best
PHIL.
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

I must say that I regularly e-mail you (Phil) to say that I'm plugging your whistles and CD and how great they are, and have recently asked to review the Song Bird (which I wanted to sell) but I never get a reply. Perhaps I'm using the wrong e-mail address, too!

Steve Power
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Just so ya know:
Lots of folks aren't aware that email pretty frquently doesn't get from point A to point B, and you may or may not get a message from your mail server letting you know it failed to go where it was supposed to.
There were about two months last year where I could email Conal O'Grada in Ireland but he couldn't get an email back.
The point of all this is you shouldn't ever consider email a "guaranteed delivery" medium. It's designed that way on purpose.
And so I don't get in trouble for a non-whistle-related post: whistle whistle whistle chiff drool squeak squawk whistle some more fipple chiff. <grin>
--James (who in his real life is a sysadmin)

http://www.flutesite.com