Bracker Whistle Tour 2013

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
hans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Bracker Whistle Tour 2013

Post by hans »

After two years of further development and refinement, I like to start a low D whistle tour now. I will send out a low D whistle of latest design, with a normal 6 hole body with in-line holes, plus a second body with a new ergonomic hole offset pattern and a thumb hole for C natural. This will give an opportunity to check out a thumb hole, and offset finger holes, or just try the conventional 6 in-line holes. If the thumb hole feels awkward just tape it over with a bit of Scotch tape or electrician's tape.

Participants in the tour will keep the whistle on loan for one week for testing, hopefully report back here in the forum with feedback, then send it on to the next participant (using insured posting). To begin with I will coordinate the tour, and like to start it in the UK, and possibly the EU, then to the USA and Canada. This rough outline of the tour may change of course, depending on the participants and how it unfolds. As a tour participant you may receive a 10% discount if you decide to place an order for a low D, as a way of thank you.

Please send me an email if you like to take part in this tour, including your full postal address.
Email to whistletour@bracker.co
Last edited by hans on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Re: Bracker Whistle Tour 2013

Post by hans »

So far two people from the UK, and five from the USA interested in the tour.
Looks like the UK part will not take place, and the US part is in doubt, unless there is more interest in participation.

If there is anything I am missing to make a successful whistle tour, please tell me. I am thinking of including a high D whistle, standard high D, six holes.
maki

Post by maki »

Not every member checks in every day.
Give folks a little time.
retired
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Bracker Low D Whistle Tour 2013

Post by retired »

True
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Hans,
You are doing your part and I am sure sending a high D along for the tour will be an added incentive. I just think you need to give it a bit more time for exposure and you will certainly get an adequate number of participants. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
narrowdog

Post by narrowdog »

maki wrote:Not every member checks in every day.
I look in most days but completely missed the thread until last night
So I agree give it some time.
I for one would really like the chance to try one of your whistles
and would give it a full review.
Happiness is taking things as they are.
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

Indeed. I didn't notice the thread until just a few hours ago. I would wait at least about a week before thinking the figures are certain, regarding who wants to participate.

I am definitely interested!
hans

Post by hans »

narrowdog wrote:
maki wrote:Not every member checks in every day.
I look in most days but completely missed the thread until last night
So I agree give it some time.
I for one would really like the chance to try one of your whistles
and would give it a full review.
Please send me an email to whistletour@bracker.co

There has been some good response since my last post, and there are now about a dozen people from the US interested in this tour, so the US tour will go ahead.

As for a UK/European tour, it will take some more time I guess, and will be a separate tour with another set of whistles, when we get there.

Thanks for the encouraging emails!
Hans
R Small

Post by R Small »

Hi Hans. I'd sign on but I have some arthritis in my hands and I just can't handle the low whistles. And I already have a Bracker high D and C. Hope it goes well. R Small.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

I agree to give a little more time, and agree that adding a high D whistle adds interest.
Lars Larry Mór Mott

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

I am keeping my fingers crossed for EU/Scandinavia(n members of which there is quite a few)
Cheers!
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
Ian Parfitt

Post by Ian Parfitt »

Come on you U.K. low whistlelers?

How can you not want the opportunity to try a different whistle? I hope that there are enough C & F'ers that will warrant Hans to let a tour occur. I trust this will happen as I am just beginning to come to terms with the music that can be made on these instruments.

Ian
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

The Bracker tour whistles have arrived safely in the US. I'll say more in a couple of days once I have had a chance to really get some proper time with these whistles.

My immediate reaction to the Brackers is that they are well made and sound great. These whistles are not for wall flowers. :)

Thanks for sending them out, Hans.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
hans

Post by hans »

Thanks Feadoggie, I am glad they arrived safely, and in just 7 days!
I sent out a low D whistle with two bodies, as explained in my OP, and a high D whistle, for added interest.

I got a list of tour participants, and the tour starts in the East of USA and goes South and West later. I will inform participants in turn.

This is exciting, like being on tour myself :)
narrowdog

Post by narrowdog »

Hi Hans,
I take it the UK/Euro tour isn't going ahead :(
Happiness is taking things as they are.