Davy Spillane's whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

Being undisputedly a Frequent Poster, Korop and Co., SARL, GmBh, Inc and quite Ltd,

is proud to announce the (soon to be released) authentic Zubivka's whistles!

This anniversary "3K+" special edition will include:

Zubivka's own Mellow D, tweaked to death, for those who prefer whistles which sound like crap (the Mad For Crap ITM circles)
Zubivka's own Poison Oak, specially cured with Kurnel Salvaire's Original Recipe of Brittany salt and Cider vinegar (special orders welcome for Worcestershire or Nuoc-Mam flavours)
Zubivka's own plastic NA flute, kinda G. This is a specal Commemorative model, hand-decorated in sacred manner with a Spirit of the Raven, er... gull feather I picked while mowing the lawn. It commemorates the day Zoob Mowed his Lawn (aka Z-day)
Zubivka's own windheaded Generation D. Oops, sorry, this I already gave to Jerry Freeman...
:lol:
Last edited by Zubivka on Thu May 06, 2004 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

The Weekenders wrote:Let me tell you this Wombat. I have talked extensively with Anna Kournikova and believe me, this will be a fantastic new development to be talked about for years to come. I don't understand why you don't understand that I understand that she understands she doesn't like to talk publicly but after spending hundreds of hours she understands.
Oh, sorry Weeks. If you'd put it that way intitially, I'd have 'understood" right away. Not that I blame you of course. I'm having an off day.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Thank you Wombat. And thanks from Anna too!

[Sorry folks, I can only take so much of this stuff]
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

It's cool Lance. Say hi to Anna. Thanks for the borstch. It was very beetrooty. Martina sends her love.
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

interview.

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

For what it's worth I would love to see Davy give Dale Wisely an interview. You never know!
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: interview.

Post by IDAwHOa »

talbert st.claire wrote:For what it's worth I would love to see Davy give Dale Wisely an interview. You never know!
Talbert, so would "we", believe me when I tell you this. "We" would absolutley love to read what DS actually has to say about all of this "mystery whistle" madness. If you could find it in your heart to pass that on to him "we" would be ever in your debt, to be sure. Hopefully he understands that he would then only be talking to us through ONE person, other than yourself, fer sure, but someone that has interviewed many of the other great people in the whistle community. I really hope DS understands that. I guess it all boils down to credibility, you see. Please tell him that for "us."
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Talbert,

I hope it's becoming clearer with time, that we're fundamentally a good natured and fair minded bunch. The ribbing we post is not malicious. There are a few ankle biters among us, but that's a legitimate role someone has to play in any well functioning community. The various personalities and posting styles contribute to a whole that's truly remarkable, in my opinion, for its ability to connect people and ideas.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Talbert St. Claire

Understood Steve and Jerry! :thumbsup: -Thanks, Tal
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
Talbert St. Claire

Talbert st.Claire and Davy Spillane! Picture dedicated to:"Chiff & Fipple".

Last edited by Talbert St. Claire on Thu May 06, 2004 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glauber

Post by glauber »

I see he has his eyes firmly shut. :D
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The Weekenders wrote:Let me tell you this Wombat. I have talked extensively with Anna Kournikova and believe me, this will be a fantastic new development to be talked about for years to come. I don't understand why you don't understand that I understand that she understands she doesn't like to talk publicly but after spending hundreds of hours she understands.
Hmmm....I don't understand.

Talbert, do you have any pictures where he's awake? :)

I'm getting such a kick out of this thread.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Dale
The Landlord

Re: interview.

Post by Dale »

talbert st.claire wrote:For what it's worth I would love to see Davy give Dale Wisely an interview. You never know!
At this juncture, I have reasons to be certain that will not happen.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

OK, So um, lets see if we've got all the facts.

1. Davy lied.

Flat out, plain and simple. He was playing an Overton in the Riverdance clip and he's refused to admit this and in fact outright denied it during his first "cummunication" to this board and it's several thousand members.

2. Davy has a terrible disposition.

This one's seems obvious enough from both the first post he left here and all the subsequent statements made by the only other human being we seem to know of who has regular contact with the guy - Tal. His demeanor seems to flip flop from 'nice guy' sometimes, to 'shrewd and spiteful' at the drop of a hat.

3. Davy is not a businessman.

He makes whistles, but after just a few decides it's too much work and goes full automation to create another Kerry plastic head number. He's too busy to answer questions about the speciffics of his whistle (it IS a whistle after all and not a bar of gold or booklet of national security secrets). And he can't seem to decide if his whistles are for sale now, will be for sale in the future or have been for sale all along.

And at £175.00 for this (works out to something like $314.00 USD) they aint cheap. Certainly not if this is a plastic head type whistle that's mass produced. If one can never get ahold of this guy since he's all famous and famously busy, his whistles are insanely expensive, he's not voicing them by hand, you're as likely as not to get yelled at or threatened with a lawsuit if you talk to him, can anyone remind me....

WHY would I even think about ordering something from this guy? I don't care what your last name is or how many Mikey Flatley concerts you've played at...it doesn't seem to make Spillane any better at people skills. :roll:
feadog39

Post by feadog39 »

What i don't understand is why Anna Kournikova is not my girlfriend. If she called an old squid a low whistle, i would put out a CD featuring me playing romantical squid songs all dedicated to her. She would surely understand my true feelings for her then.
Brendan
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Brian Lee wrote:OK, So um, lets see if we've got all the facts.

1. Davy lied.

Flat out, plain and simple. He was playing an Overton in the Riverdance clip and he's refused to admit this and in fact outright denied it during his first "cummunication" to this board and it's several thousand members.

2. Davy has a terrible disposition.

This one's seems obvious enough from both the first post he left here and all the subsequent statements made by the only other human being we seem to know of who has regular contact with the guy - Tal. His demeanor seems to flip flop from 'nice guy' sometimes, to 'shrewd and spiteful' at the drop of a hat.

3. Davy is not a businessman.

He makes whistles, but after just a few decides it's too much work and goes full automation to create another Kerry plastic head number. He's too busy to answer questions about the speciffics of his whistle (it IS a whistle after all and not a bar of gold or booklet of national security secrets). And he can't seem to decide if his whistles are for sale now, will be for sale in the future or have been for sale all along.

And at £175.00 for this (works out to something like $314.00 USD) they aint cheap. Certainly not if this is a plastic head type whistle that's mass produced. If one can never get ahold of this guy since he's all famous and famously busy, his whistles are insanely expensive, he's not voicing them by hand, you're as likely as not to get yelled at or threatened with a lawsuit if you talk to him, can anyone remind me....

WHY would I even think about ordering something from this guy? I don't care what your last name is or how many Mikey Flatley concerts you've played at...it doesn't seem to make Spillane any better at people skills. :roll:
To my mind, Davey Spillane is a brilliant musician. All he owes the world is to make music. I just can't work myself up about any of the rest of this.

Sure, there is the surreal experience of Talbert St Claire. Fine.

But what I don't appreciate, frankly, is this judgmental tone of righteous indignation and self-importance from a beginner piper from Utah whose people skills could do with improving themselves.
/Bloomfield