For sale soon...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested: In the next few days I'll be putting some of my very favorite whistles up for sale, two of these are VERY rare. The whistles are:

1) Boxwood Rose soprano D, a truly phenomenal whistle.

2) Bird's Eye Maple Thin Weasel Soprano D - This whistle was French Lacqured by Glenn, so it never needs oiling and is virtually impervious to changes in humidity. Dale has played this whistle and seemed.....impressed.

3) Sindt C

4) Sindt D and Eb combo

I hate to part with these whistles, but I'm going to have to. Not sure if I'm going to auction or offer them for a fixed price here - I'm open to outrageous offers :smile:

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention these now, while I'm trying to get the photos together. A few people are going to end up with some really killer whistles when this is over!

Loren

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Loren on 2002-05-28 21:06 ]</font>
John Allison
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by John Allison »

For your <b>Sindt D and Eb combo</b> I would be willing to offer a Clarke's Original (without the black diamonds...of course!) and my pair of lucky socks.

I'm not sure I can get much more outrageous than that!!
Glengary

Post by Glengary »

Loren,
When this is over, I hope you keep your favorite D whistle - just in case..... Afetr all, you've sold so many and keeping your favorite would be at the very least a good memento and at the best a regret not taken, a potential serendipity experienced at a later time. Just save your favorite!!!!!
You owe that to yourself.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Ah, so this is how you're paying for that Olwell. Ouch! I'd be interested but I'am trying to find my own money for my hamilton.

Good luck with the sales, and I hope you get enough.

Jack Murphy
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Loren,

What are the sound characteristics of the Thin Weasel? Ie, loud, quiet, clear, breathy, takes much/not much air, etc.

Will you be offering them for sale through this board, or will you go the ebay way?

:smile:
Jens
jmssmh

Post by jmssmh »

Loren,

You must have had the worst case of WHOA. Dale could do a case study on you and write it for Psychology Today.

Joe
Kevin Popejoy

Post by Kevin Popejoy »

2) Bird's Eye Maple Thin Weasel Soprano D - This whistle was French Lacqured by Glenn, so it never needs oiling and is virtually impervious to changes in humidity. Dale has played this whistle and seemed.....impressed.
Hi Loren, I'm curious how the lacquer holds up. I've been thinking of trying it on some of my stuff. Is it durable?

Kevin Popejoy
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Okay..... I've had too many questions on and off board to reply to each one individually, so I'll try to cover the questions by posting to the message board.

Here's the scoop: I'm going to put the Sindts up on Ebay (hopefully later tonight), and the Boxwood Rose will be listed for immediate sale through the message board - I'll post that in another thread shortly.
Regarding the Bird's Eye Maple Thin Weasel: I'm not yet 100% decided, but I'm fairly certain I'll put that on Ebay as well. Probably do the short 5 day Auctions for the TW and Sindts.

So I think that about covers the basics. Keep an eye out for other threads for the details of each sale.

Thanks,

Loren