Lost the top to my Copeland Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kintailpipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Lost the top to my Copeland Low D

Post by kintailpipes »

My Son and I went on a White Mountain hiking weekend and he loves to play whistle and he took our Copeland Low D and when he packed it he took it apart so it would fit in his backpack. Well, he went to get the whistle out and noticed the top section was gone. We are both devastated. Does anyone know if there is someway to contact Michael Copeland to see if he could help us out with a new top. This was an amazing whistle that I have had since the early 1990's. Would love it if someone could help us out. Thank you.
Sirchronique
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: Lost the top to my Copeland Low D

Post by Sirchronique »

PM sent
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

That's a real bummer to hear about your loss of the whistle head. Now all the whistle geeks will be hiking the White Mountains looking for it and then asking about a tube.

I hope you at least left a message with local authorities just in case a miracle happens and someone finds the whistle head. Sometimes things work out ok and in the meanwhile I hope someone here can provide the contact info for MC. Good luck either way. :)
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

ytliek wrote:I hope someone here can provide the contact info for MC.

I let him know how to reach him.

I do hope he'll be able to get the head replaced . Not going to lie, if I lost the head to one of my favourite whistles, I'd probably cry over it. Even if it were a replacable one.

Instruments have sentimental value, and whistles are each unique to themselves. Even if the head is replaced, it's still a great loss.

My condolences.

Were you in a single location when the whistle was lost, such as a site where you camped? If you know it's somewhere in the general region, it might be worth renting a metal detector and looking for it.
kintailpipes

Post by kintailpipes »

My SOn and I were hiking the Presidential Range and we hit three peaks. The whistle has a great deal of Sentimental value to me. I've had it for about 20 years and it is our favorite whistle. I've contacted the AMC, hoping it may have been recovered on the trail or at the hut where we stayed. Thanks for your help and I will keep you posted.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

You may want to contact the park rangers too. Without the body, the head has no value, and another hiker may well have turned it in.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Tom,
I have hiked extensively in the Presidential Range, big country and the whistle head is surely like the proverbial needle in a haystack. Hopefull someone may find it and turn it in. You may certainly want to put word out at the AMC centers and even do some postings at or near trailheads with return contact info.

Very sorry to hear of your loss of that instrument component, and a "Copeland" to boot! :o I sure hope you are able to get it back. Good luck!

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
kintailpipes

Post by kintailpipes »

Update - Contacted AMC and they are keeping an eye out for the missing piece. Also, I contacted Michael Copeland and he may be able to help me out. Thank my lucky stars! It's a really great Instrument and we love it. Thanks to all.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

kintailpipes wrote:Update - Contacted AMC and they are keeping an eye out for the missing piece. Also, I contacted Michael Copeland and he may be able to help me out. Thank my lucky stars! It's a really great Instrument and we love it. Thanks to all.
Tom,
Good news and light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Glad to hear Michael Copeland may lend you some help. Great whistles, it would be sad to see a sad end for yours.

Continued luck to you! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!