Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Devondancer update

Post by izzarina »

I've never seen you a day in my life, Lesley, but I can tell from reading your posts that you are one of the most beautiful people I know :) And poor Ro...it really isn't an easy thing to see the one you love looking less than themselves because of illness. I'm sure if you get a proper meal, though, you'll be right as rain in no time!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

She means chocolate. I know her!
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Cork

Post by Cork »

Cork wrote:...However, after all of this, I'm looking forward to my own boring, middle-aged life!...
Ahem, and actually, I should've said that I'm looking forward to returning to my own boring, middle-aged life, thank you.

Meanwhile, Lesley, one of these days that trussed-up shoulder will be let loose, and that's when you'll need to be both persistent, and patient, please!

And, Ro, food, food, food! Now, if ever!

My best regards, and wishes, to the both of you!

:-)
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

Thank you, everyone.
Lesley
Cork

Post by Cork »

Hi, are you up at this time of the day? Good morning!

Lesley, one of these days soon your shoulder will be un-trussed. Now, doctors are not stupid, frankly, and I'd bet that they have made every possible effort to see that the recovery of your arm and fingers will go as far, as smoothly, and as well as possible.

Meanwhile, I'm sure it's no fun to be how and where you are at this moment, but hang in there!

Other than that, just what could your thoughts be, at this moment?

:-)
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Hi, Cork!

I wake early because I do so much sleeping at odd times during the day! And once I am awake, I am wide awake!

I have no worries about my arm. The doctors will have the done the best possible job and I am happy with that. At least it won't hurt, once it glues itself back together! And I can already use my fingers, so can practise my whistle, quietly! Eventually I will be able to reach the far end of my guitar!

My thoughts at this moment? Gratitude, hope .... So grateful for this new lease of life, to be still here at all, to keep seeing new days, to have Ro, for all my friends. I never stop being grateful, to David for his wonderful gift, to everyone who has worked so hard to keep me here. And hope: hope that I can go home soon, that it will be a fine and sunny day and Ro may take me outside, that one day I may be able to dance, that breakfast is large ... Not very profound, my thoughts, I'm afraid!

Nice to find you here!

Lesley
Cork

Post by Cork »

As you are online, try this most interesting download (download the "free" GE 5.0 version): http://earth.google.com/

Yes, it's planet Earth, and there's a whole lot to see, very much so.

The first thing to do is to check out your own home town, naturally, if only to be sure that it's really there. lol

I've been using the past few versions of GE, and it really is good.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Cork on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Our house exists! Even when I am not in it!

Of course, Ro is there! That's why!
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I meant to tell you about my lovely day yesterday, but my breakfast arrived and that obviously took priority! Ro came in, complete with clothes for me, and once I was vaguely respectable (which took a long time and a lot of effort) he wheeled me out to the car! We went to the beach! He had sneakily acquired permission to abduct me without telling me!

It was so beautiful. He could not have taken me anywhere better. It was a gorgeous day, even WARM, which was lucky as I couldn't get a coat on - had difficulty with any top clothes and compromised by keeping my nightshirt on, tucked into my jeans and with a cardigan on top! I had two icecreams and Ro had brought a picnic lunch, after which I had a nap! He had even brought cushions, knowing that I am rather bony! My soul is now refreshed and I will survive until I go home, SOON.

Haven't I the most wonderful husband? I am so lucky.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Hey Lesly... maybe you should get a mandolin. The "far end" isn't quite so far away... ;-)
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

devondancer wrote:Avanutria, I don't know how to do that! Otherwise I would!
The Live Chat link is at the top of the page, under the chiff logo. here's a direct link: chat/ . When you go to that page, type in a name that you want to use and click "Connect to Chiff and Fipple Chat". Wait a few seconds while the programme comes on line and does its thing. When you see "*** Channel created on" and the date, it's ready. (That part might only show if the room is empty, I don't know. If the room isn't empty you will see other people chatting and that's also a good sign that it's ready!)

You can type things in on the bottom of the screen and when you press enter they show up in the main part, which is also where things written by other people will show.

The list of who is in the chat room is on the right hand side.
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you, Beth. I will try that next time I am awake at an unearthly hour!
tansy

Post by tansy »

so glad you got to go to the sea, you are certainly on the mend now.
hearing your appreciations of the simple joys of life brings me great happiness, thank you Lesley, Tansy, who is playing smiling pipes today :)
shy the blond water
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

2 ice creams and a trip to the ocean. You are sounding like the little girl in the avatar. That Ro sounds like a keeper.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Cork

Post by Cork »

Cork wrote:... http://earth.google.com/ ...
Lesley, Ro did mention that you like maps.

I do, too.