Do squirrels eat robins?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

The Weekenders wrote:Me too. I know they steal and eat bird eggs.
What's even more disturbing to me is that robins are more than adequately capable of flying away, but the squirrel was so sly, so good at what it was doing, that it very nearly caught a wild bird the same size [or larger!] than it was. And I saw the whole thing.

I see this same flock of robins out eating all the time, and they're rather timid. If you get within 15 feet of them, they fly away quickly. The squirrel managed to grab one in it's claws!

It doesn't scare me in that I think it's going to try to eat me next (I do not think that), but simply in general. Squirrels should not be predators. Because I said so.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Hey, even humans started out as herbivores, it's gotta start somewhere.

I think one of the little beasties may have died in my attic. It's pretty rich up there right now! Unfortunately, I can't sift through all the blown-in insulation to properly dispose of the deceased. :(

Robin
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

spittin_in_the_wind wrote:Hey, even humans started out as herbivores, it's gotta start somewhere.

I think one of the little beasties may have died in my attic. It's pretty rich up there right now! Unfortunately, I can't sift through all the blown-in insulation to properly dispose of the deceased. :(

Robin
Not dead. It's a trick to lure you into the attic. Nail the door shut and don't go up there.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

DaleWisely wrote:
spittin_in_the_wind wrote:Hey, even humans started out as herbivores, it's gotta start somewhere.

Robin
Not dead. It's a trick to lure you into the attic. Nail the door shut and don't go up there.
LOL!

Robin
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

More forensic evidence:

Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

djm wrote:There is a wild rabbit that has taken to sitting in the sun under one of my trees. It looks like a pile of old leaves pushed up against the trunk until it moves. I was surprised to see one of the local squirrels attack it several times until the rabbit pushed off.
Reasonable person
Walden
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

DaleWisely wrote:Need more proof about these evil rodents? They are of the family
Sciuridae (from Greek skia "shadow" and oura "tail" i.e. "tail that casts a shadow"). And, listen, these little mofos are more than a little shadowy.
Verily a great and mighty shadow is cast throughout the land.

Reasonable person
Walden
hoofbeats

Post by hoofbeats »

My college's campus is infested with the little buggers, and a significant number of them wear radio collars. A study program some say, but I know what they really are...

CIA spies!!! It can't be coincidence that the president of the university is a former director of the CIA. :shock:

Beware...
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is."
Jack

Post by Jack »

Walden wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:Need more proof about these evil rodents? They are of the family
Sciuridae (from Greek skia "shadow" and oura "tail" i.e. "tail that casts a shadow"). And, listen, these little mofos are more than a little shadowy.
Verily a great and mighty shadow is cast throughout the land.

That's one of my favorite things ever!! :)
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

DaleWisely wrote:...In recent years, they perfected special circuitry which they have implanted into each other...
Several well known investigators (before they were silenced or their reports disappeared) have speculated that the CIA and other governmental agencies were instrumental in the development of this technology with the original intent of having “biological agents” able to provide surveillance on virtually any US household. However, these same investigators have now determined that the squirrels (with additional secret governmental agency help) have further refined the technology in an alarming way. They are now able to use these chips to not only receive but to transmit at powerful special radio frequencies. The sneaky little Basmatis are also now fully able to secretly infiltrate high-rise office buildings. Certain disaffected governmental sources have testified (in now suppressed closed hearings) that, directing these radio frequencies at steel support columns could melt them resulting in complete building collapse that strangely mimics controlled demolition. Evidence that joint CIA, NSA, etc, involvement in large scale experiments in PCD (Pseudo Controlled Demolition) have already taken place abound, but have been “hidden in plain sight” by bogus alternative explanations cleverly designed to focus the attention of the unsuspecting public elsewhere.

But perhaps, further discussion and detailed investigation of this information is better left for another forum on this board……

Sorry, couldn’t resist. (self-administers a well deserved slap up-side the head)

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Cranberry wrote: ....It doesn't scare me in that I think it's going to try to eat me next (I do not think that), ....
Maybe you should think that.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

DaleWisley wrote:CIA and other governmental agencies were instrumental in the development of this technology
There is no question of CIA involvement. Its another Osama bin Laden and Afghanistan all over again. I find it incredible that they never stopped to ask if the squirrels might have their own agenda, if they ever might lose control over the cyber-squirrels, or that the squirrels may actually be capable of holding certain government agencies to ransom.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cynth wrote:
Cranberry wrote: ....It doesn't scare me in that I think it's going to try to eat me next (I do not think that), ....
Bob enjoyed feeding the wild animals, but unfortunately, the squirrel didn't understand when the treats were all gone and turned nasty, thus necessitating a trip to the emergency room and a nice new prosthetic testicule implant for Bob.

Mrs. Bob would have rather spent that money on the kitchen.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

Cynth wrote:
I am not bald!!