Yahoo! I have hot legs.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Lamby? :o :o :o
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cynth wrote:Lamby? :o :o :o
Kansas State University homecoming queen.

(Or Texas A & M or fill in the ag school of your choice.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Oh dear! I am just mortified that you would even THINK those were my feet or that I would wear such a scandalous outfit! I've never even been near Texas A&M! I went to a good college!

I'm a nice lamb! I am! With pretty rose toesies. And they're CLEAN!

I think I'm too embarrassed to post any more tonight.

Oh, God! Those red shoes! Eeeech!
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Lambchop wrote: Oh, God! Those red shoes! Eeeech!
Which red shoes -- the "If you can catch me, you can have me" pumps on the sheep, or the Payless plastic sandals on the hobbit?

And don't forget, gonzo took up for you, he did. He certainly did. It was those other guys, it was.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop wrote:Oh dear! I am just mortified that you would even THINK those were my feet or that I would wear such a scandalous outfit! I've never even been near Texas A&M! I went to a good college!

I'm a nice lamb! I am! With pretty rose toesies. And they're CLEAN!

I think I'm too embarrassed to post any more tonight.

Oh, God! Those red shoes! Eeeech!
:lol: :lol: Oh, poor Lamby! I really was in quite a bit of doubt as to whether that could be you. The fleece didn't seem like the right color and the shoe color seemed especially depressing with the color of the fleece. I didn't know how you felt about net stockings. They do seem a bit outre!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

:lol: I got that sheepstress photo in an email from Ireland a couple of years ago. It was billed as a "Galway Hooker", for you Eugene Lambe fans out there. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

djm wrote::lol: I got that sheepstress photo in an email from Ireland a couple of years ago. It was billed as a "Galway Hooker", for you Eugene Lambe fans out there. :wink:

djm
Oh no! When I found it I didn't pay any attention to the name of the file. I see now that it says "JamiesHooker". I really had no intention of implying anything like that, as I am sure Lamby knows!!!!! :oops: Aaaargh! I just thought it was crazy-looking.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Chiff & Fipple
Subject: Attestation

I can attest to the fact that Lamby has pretty pink toenails, NO hair growing out of her toes, and would never wear sleazy red heels and fishnet stockings. I can’t attest to hair (or lack thereof) on her legs because she always has them discreetly covered with appropriate attire.

Sincerely,

Shirley
<sniff>

Yes, Gonzo, I saw that you took up for me and I appreciated it, but I was too overcome last night to thank you.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Well, now I'm really offended!

Two days ago I posted this eye-witness report that affirms my daintiness and good manners, and nobody bothers with it.

It's clear to me that sleaze and smut is the only thing that interests the likes of you!

Hmpf.

Gads! I've got the worst backache from this garter belt . . . who invented this thing???
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop wrote:
Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Chiff & Fipple
Subject: Attestation

I can attest to the fact that Lamby has pretty pink toenails, NO hair growing out of her toes, and would never wear sleazy red heels and fishnet stockings. I can’t attest to hair (or lack thereof) on her legs because she always has them discreetly covered with appropriate attire.

Sincerely,

Shirley
<sniff>

Yes, Gonzo, I saw that you took up for me and I appreciated it, but I was too overcome last night to thank you.
Lambchop wrote:Well, now I'm really offended!

Two days ago I posted this eye-witness report that affirms my daintiness and good manners, and nobody bothers with it.

It's clear to me that sleaze and smut is the only thing that interests the likes of you!

Hmpf.

Gads! I've got the worst backache from this garter belt . . . who invented this thing???
:lol: Oh geez, we wouldn't want Shirley to think she'd gone to all that effort for nothing. I'm sure I never thought your toes were hairy. I'm trying to think what you are appropriately attiring your legs in---it's just not coming to me :lol: ! Like wool tights? Waders? Oh, black tights. Right?
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

chas wrote:I'm glad to know I'm not the only middle-ager with great legs and a beer gut, although I did get carded on my 41st birthday.

I'm entered in a half-marathon (first race over ten miles; first over 10k in 20 years) in a few weeks. Did my first training run last weekend, probably between 10 and 11 miles, twice as far as I normally run, no problem. Heck, if I don't destroy my knees I might do a marathon next year.

It's always been interesting to me that road cyclists can put in high miles and still have a gut: 15 or so years ago I tore the cartilage in both knees, in an industrial accident. Previously I had been a competitive distance runner - 1 mile under 5 minutes, 10K under 30, etc. - however after my knee suregeries, running was out, so I bought a decent road bike and started riding, alot. I started to think I might be getting fairly decent on the bike - I was quite fit, and still looked like a middle distance runner, not an emaciated marathoner.

Well one day as I'm zipping along on my bike, thinking I might have a future as the next LeMond,when this guy with a huge gut, riding a triathalon bike, comes out of nowhere and just blows by me - completely leaves me in the dust. I'm thinking Oh, my goodness! What in the world??!?! This guy is carrying a good 40 lbs of extra baggage and I've got none. Totally unfair, hmph. :lol: Lucky for him this was Florida and totally flat, I'd have put a serious hurtin' on him given some mountains to climb, at least that's what I tell myself. :P

I had a few close calls with cars, and knew too many people who got hit, so I gave up road cycling after a couple of years, and eventually got into mountain biking, which I find much more interesting anyway - road riding bored me to tears.

Anyway, it does seem like road cycling works wonders for the legs, but not the waistline.

Good luck with the race Charlie, those things are (almost) always great fun, I really miss running :cry:

Loren
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Loren wrote:
chas wrote:I'm glad to know I'm not the only middle-ager with great legs and a beer gut, although I did get carded on my 41st birthday.

I'm entered in a half-marathon (first race over ten miles; first over 10k in 20 years) in a few weeks. Did my first training run last weekend, probably between 10 and 11 miles, twice as far as I normally run, no problem. Heck, if I don't destroy my knees I might do a marathon next year.

It's always been interesting to me that road cyclists can put in high miles and still have a gut: 15 or so years ago I tore the cartilage in both knees, in an industrial accident. Previously I had been a competitive distance runner - 1 mile under 5 minutes, 10K under 30, etc. - however after my knee suregeries, running was out, so I bought a decent road bike and started riding, alot. I started to think I might be getting fairly decent on the bike - I was quite fit, and still looked like a middle distance runner, not an emaciated marathoner.

Well one day as I'm zipping along on my bike, thinking I might have a future as the next LeMond,when this guy with a huge gut, riding a triathalon bike, comes out of nowhere and just blows by me - completely leaves me in the dust. I'm thinking Oh, my goodness! What in the world??!?! This guy is carrying a good 40 lbs of extra baggage and I've got none. Totally unfair, hmph. :lol: Lucky for him this was Florida and totally flat, I'd have put a serious hurtin' on him given some mountains to climb, at least that's what I tell myself. :P

I had a few close calls with cars, and knew too many people who got hit, so I gave up road cycling after a couple of years, and eventually got into mountain biking, which I find much more interesting anyway - road riding bored me to tears.

Anyway, it does seem like road cycling works wonders for the legs, but not the waistline.

Good luck with the race Charlie, those things are (almost) always great fun, I really miss running :cry:

Loren
Yep. Cars are my biggest thing against road riding. Maybe next year I'll try some mountain biking. Still won't help the midriff though.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote::lol: Oh geez, we wouldn't want Shirley to think she'd gone to all that effort for nothing. I'm sure I never thought your toes were hairy. I'm trying to think what you are appropriately attiring your legs in---it's just not coming to me :lol: ! Like wool tights? Waders? Oh, black tights. Right?
:wink:
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Flyingcursor wrote: Maybe next year I'll try some mountain biking. Still won't help the midriff though.
Oh, I don't know about that; you don't see many expansive midriffs out on the MTB trails. MTB riding forces you to work far more of you muscle groups, virtually all of them, constantly, this typically translates into more calories burned in a given amount of riding time. There's no drafting, and really no resting, because even when your riding down hill, you're up off the saddle and working.

You really should give MTB riding a try, see if you can rent an MTB bike for a ride (try to rent a full suspension bike if possible - makes for a much more pleasant ride) and get some recommendations from the shop for local trails that will be challenging but doable for a novice MTB rider. It's a blast, and the time really flies.

Don't forget to take plenty of water (you do have a camelbak, right?), at least one gel shot or powerbar (it really sucks to bonk in the middle of the woods, particularly if you're lost), and never, ever go out on the trails without at least one spare tube, a pump or Co2 inflator, tire levers and several tube patches - because flatting 10 miles into the woods, with no spare, patches, or means of inflation really sucks :( Although it's not common, I've had as many as 3 flats in one ride - 2 from Florida sand spurs :swear: and the third from pinching one of my replacement tubes with a tire lever when rushing to change the second flat, DOH!!!

Flats aside, it's a great fun and can be an excellent workout, plus you're likely to meet some cool people on the trail.

Loren
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I enjoyed mountain biking for a few years, but then they started closing the trails around here due to alleged damage. Enjoyed road biking till the child arrived. We got a seat for her, but never seemed to have the 2-3 hours necessary to get a decent ride in. I keep threatening to take my bike to work but never get around to it. It is definitely easier on my knees to mix biking with running.

As for running, I got out for 13 miles last weekend; feet and knees have been sore all week, but it's really not as bad as I thought. I'll head out for 10 or so Sunday, then a week later is the race. My realistic goal is 2 hours (9 minute pace), pie-in-the-sky is 1:45, or 8 minutes. Will definitely post a report.

I was a sprinter in high school; my senior year won three medals in our conference meet (100, 4x110, and something else, maybe 220 or 4x440) and our team won the state. I've enjoyed middle distance running for most of my life, but never been competitive. My best in a 10k is about 47 (7:40 miles), just a few years ago, and for 10 miles 78:00, 20 years ago. My absolute favorite sport was volleyball, but after dislocating both shoulders (one repeatedly), there was absolutely no way to keep that up. Knowing that I can't play volleyball anymore (it's been 25 years) is kind of like knowing Deanta or Gentle Giant won't be making any more records. Bummer, but not a thing I can do about it.

Oh, and re: unlikely looking people blowing past you. I was probably about 25 and running in a 10-miler. I was actually in shape then, probably 30 pounds lighter than I am now, washboard stomach and everything. (I do have a beer gut now, but not a huge one, and I actualy weigh only about 10 pounds more than I did on my 16th birthday.) Anyway, in about the ninth mile, I'm passed by a woman, probably in her 50's, with what certainly appeared to be more cellulite than muscle mass. I had no idea how she did it at the time, but as I'm approaching that age and since I've put on a stone but running at least as well as I did 20 years ago, I'm beginning to understand.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.