totally irreverent website

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

The Weekenders wrote:That site is mind-boggling, too, H. :o I can't figure out where they are coming from.
That site says it won't rub off no matter how hard you try. Are you guys thinking of asking for a refund?
TomB

Post by TomB »

DaleWisely wrote: When Marilyn and I visited England, Norman was explaining to us that if either of us got ill, we'd be able to get medical care in England as guests.
Unfortunately, I can attest to the truth of that statement. Several years ago, my wife and I, accompanied by the mother-in-law, (MIL- from here on out). Traveled to London for a vacation. While on a day trip, the MIL suddenly got very ill while at Cantebury Cathedral. We spen MANY hours in the ER, and paid nothing. A couple of days later, I got a very high fever, was shaking, and had the worst headache I've ever experieneced. Not only did I get to spend some quality time getting to know the ER doc at Saint Something or Other Hospital, with no charge, I also got a free ride in an ambulance.

That being said, we have a friend here who originally comes from the London area. After being here many years, she still marvels at the easy availability of more specialized testing, something that was not easy to come by in England. Things such as MRI's, Angiograms, etc. Is this still the way it is? If so, I think I'll stick with our care. [/quote]

[/quote] At some point, the economics of the American health care system will...I don't know...collapse under its own weight or explode or some kind of metaphor like that.[/quote]

I totally agree with you on this one. It's in a mess.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Now this one is really upsetting- that Alabaster Box with perfume?!!!!! :o :o :o
http://www.parable.com/tbn/item_M070102027.htm

.........Alabaster Box.........words fail me............. :o
Talk about gettin' struck............
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West