Expert Finds Dandruff in Air Pollutants

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
IRTradRU?
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Expert Finds Dandruff in Air Pollutants

Post by IRTradRU? »

WASHINGTON -- A researcher has discovered unexpectedly large amounts of dandruff and other flaking skin, fur, pollen and similar materials in air pollutants known as aerosols.

Aerosols, tiny particles in the air, are widely studied because they are an important factor in regulating climate, variously absorbing heat to warm the air and reflecting sunlight to cool it. They are also important in forming rain and snow.

But the amount of cellular material -- bacteria, plant fragments, spores, fungi and so forth -- had been thought to be only a small proportion compared with mineral dusts, clay and sea salt.

http://www.heraldsun.com/nationworld/wa ... 92266.html

:o
IRTradRU?
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Here in Texas, it's impossible to be a strict vegetarian, due to the amount of meat particles outdoor barbecuing throws into the air..
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

"Mmmmmm..... meat particles..... auuughghghghghghghgggggg...."

(thank you, Matt Groening et. al.)
IRTradRU?
Jack

Post by Jack »

I am dandruff.

No shampoos or medicines that I ever tried worked, so I gave up. Anymore, I don't care if it appears to be constantly snowing around me.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Cranberry wrote:I am dandruff.

No shampoos or medicines that I ever tried worked, so I gave up. Anymore, I don't care if it appears to be constantly snowing around me.
head and shoulders doesn't work?

try this product: http://www.nizoral.com/
Jack

Post by Jack »

Well, it was a few years ago when I last tried it. I'd have to make sure of all the ingredients and stuff before I tried anything else.

But I really don't care about it that much anymore. I figured out that Dandruff (it's a proper noun in my case) doesn't bother me--it just bothers other people. And I figured, Hey--why should I try to get rid of Dandruff for other people?

Dandruff is my friend! At least, she's not my enemy. :poke:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i refuse to believe that dandruff is feminine!
:o
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

amar wrote:

Err, Cran, this is going to bug your new roommate far more than anything else. Your sexual orientation will pale in comparison.

It's never too soon to get a firm grip on personal tidiness. You're young! You should have beautiful hair. And you can!

Amar has given you an excellent suggestion. I think you'll find it's a fantastic product.

The Flakes are often made worse by shampoos containing irritating substances. Prime offenders are essential oils, fragrances, and "stuff." Gums and proteins and plastics and sticky stuff and . . . the detergent sodium lauryl sulfate.

There are a few very mild shampoos on the market which do not contain sodium lauryl sulfate and stuff. They are a bit more costly, but you don't need that much.

Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo is great. Neutrogena Clean (the plain, almost clear one, not the pink, blue, or green) is good, too. Neutrogena T-Gel and T-Sal are mild, but they might conflict with the Nizoral. They do not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Sodium laureth sulfate and ammonium lauryl sulfate, which they probably do contain, is ok.

I'd start with the Aveeno Baby Wash. It smells really nice, and so will you! :wink:
missy

Post by missy »

even though I work for the company that makes "Head & Shoulders", I have to second the recommendation for Neutragena T-Gel. When Nate was younger, he would get eczema on his scalp (so bad it was reminisent of cradle cap) and the ONLY thing that would clear it up (besides getting his allergies under control) was T-Gel. He still will use it once a week, and use other shampoo on the other days.
One really bizarre thing - where he had eczema really bad for a long period of time, he now has white hair (his hair is really dark brown). He also has no melanin in his skin where he had bad patches - when he tans he has these white spots.

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

Peggy wrote:
amar wrote:

Err, Cran, this is going to bug your new roommate far more than anything else. Your sexual orientation will pale in comparison.

It's never too soon to get a firm grip on personal tidiness. You're young! You should have beautiful hair. And you can!

Amar has given you an excellent suggestion. I think you'll find it's a fantastic product.

The Flakes are often made worse by shampoos containing irritating substances. Prime offenders are essential oils, fragrances, and "stuff." Gums and proteins and plastics and sticky stuff and . . . the detergent sodium lauryl sulfate.

There are a few very mild shampoos on the market which do not contain sodium lauryl sulfate and stuff. They are a bit more costly, but you don't need that much.

Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo is great. Neutrogena Clean (the plain, almost clear one, not the pink, blue, or green) is good, too. Neutrogena T-Gel and T-Sal are mild, but they might conflict with the Nizoral. They do not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Sodium laureth sulfate and ammonium lauryl sulfate, which they probably do contain, is ok.

I'd start with the Aveeno Baby Wash. It smells really nice, and so will you! :wink:
1) My hair is beautiful. I've come to the conclusion that Dandruff is not ugly. People just think she is. I don't want to get rid of her. And I'm not. She's part of who I naturally am.

2) I think Aveeno Baby Wash and Head N Shoulders both contain animal products. I'm not going to use them, either way because I don't mind dandruff.

3) This reminds me of when people wanted Paula Cole to shave under her arms just because they thought it was nasty. Never mind what Paula thought, it was only her own body, you know? It's really quite stupid, trying to get people to change their bodies. Underarm hair doesn't hurt a soul and neither does dandruff.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Hm, I only get dandruff problems in spring and fall. I think it's somehow related to my allergies.

That t-gel stuff won't get rid of it totally, but it does cut down on the itching.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cranberry wrote:2) I think Aveeno Baby Wash and Head N Shoulders both contain animal products. I'm not going to use them, either way because I don't mind dandruff.

Underarm hair doesn't hurt a soul and neither does dandruff.

Puts wire-rims on, adopts firm tone and says . . . There are no animal products in Aveeno. I checked. It contains oats.

I have two things to say about your last comment. The first is that underarm hair doesn't hurt anyone, but it sure is hot. You come live here and see if you want to keep a furball in each pit.

I'll let you keep your opinion on the dandruff until it morphs into the seborrheic dermatitis from hell. :twisted:
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

What about that Desitin? How does that compare to the others?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Cran,

It might not be just plain old dandruff - you might have seborrheic dermatitis. One of the symptoms of that is really bad dandruff. Eventually you may start getting patches of flaking skin on your face, ears, or other parts of your body.

It's nothing serious, and it's very easily treatable. I have this, and for me, the extra strength head and shoulders works to control the flaking, and I have a prescription steroid cream that I use on the patches when they erupt. (I had bad dandruff for many years before I started getting any other skin problems).

http://familydoctor.org/157.xml

Beth
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

Cran, live however you want. If dandruff doesn't bother you, then more power to you. You should feel free to live however you see fit...

<<BUT>>

...if you live that way, you have ZERO right complaining about how people treat you. I remember, just recently, you were worried about how your roommate would treat you. Sounds like you want it both ways.

Actually, it sounds to me like you WANT people to think you're weird, that you enjoy people being uncomfortable around you. However, there's a fine line between intriguingly weird and annoyingly weird, and you are concerned about being just weird enough without crossing the line.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."