Casey Burns Folk flute Standard vs Standard Large Hole?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Gaaslaj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Casey Burns Folk flute Standard vs Standard Large Hole?

Post by Gaaslaj »

Plan on buying a Burns Folk Flute and wondered what people's opinions are between these two, thanks! John.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Casey Burns Folk flute Standard vs Standard Large Hole?

Post by kkrell »

His site covers the topic very well & is worth reading:
http://caseyburnsflutes.com/ff.php
caseyburnsflutes.com wrote:Large Holed Standard Version: These are now available set up as a Large Holed Standard Version. This is similar to my regular Standard version except that the holes are farther down the body, and are slightly larger and spaced a little but wider apart. These factors make the flute as resonant as possible. Playing a flute in this configuration requires larger hands, or playing "piping style" using the finger pads, instead of the finger tips. This would be a good choice for an experienced player. I would still recommend the small and regular handed fingerhole spacings for most beginning players.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I had a large holed standard in boxwood that was a great flute and would recommend it to anyone. My fingers are shorter than most and I had no problem with it.
Gaaslaj
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Post by Gaaslaj »

Kmag why did you get rid of it? Just wondering...John.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I found a flute that just worked a little better for me. The boxwood flute I got from Casey also didn't have tuning slide although being one of his top models I could have, and should have, gotten one installed. I do regret sometimes getting rid of it but these things happen. Being that I am not a collector I am always trying to get down to one flute. I now have two and I probably should make the choice again!