Making myself known

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Gambo
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish traditional music and have read posts on the forum before which has been interesting and useful. I also would like to sell a flute or two and this seems like a good forum to let other interested people know you have a flute/whistle for sale, particularly as I am very board with eBay.

Making myself known

Post by Gambo »

Hi, I am posting as a new joiner to the forum. I've been playing Irish music on the flute and whistle for 10 years or so and have gained lots of useful information from the forum which has helped me a lot. The fact that I have never managed to come up with an original question and don't consider my opinions to be that insightful has dissuaded me from joining thus far but I thought I would take the plunge in the spirit of becoming more involved in spite of my shortcomings.
The instruments I currently have are a windward pratten, a cases burns low flute (A and Bb) combo ( the A body has two keys to play c and g natural) and a couple of whistles but I'm not sure mentioning whistles is OK here; I don't have a firm handle on the rules yet!
All the best.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Making myself known

Post by benhall.1 »

Welcome Gambo. You'll generally find folks a friendly bunch around here. Just don't get too close to the pipers, is all. :o :wink:

As for shortcomings, we've all got them. And mention whistles all you like. No-one will mind one bit. If you want to post something specifically about whistles, however, it's probably best to hop over to the Whistle Forum and post it there.

:)
Gambo
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish traditional music and have read posts on the forum before which has been interesting and useful. I also would like to sell a flute or two and this seems like a good forum to let other interested people know you have a flute/whistle for sale, particularly as I am very board with eBay.

Post by Gambo »

Many thanks for the welcome! I to am based on the Herefordshire Gloucestershire border; just moved in.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Gambo wrote:Many thanks for the welcome! I to am based on the Herefordshire Gloucestershire border; just moved in.
Aha. Been to any local sessions yet?
Gambo

Post by Gambo »

No not yet, any recommendations?
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Gambo wrote:No not yet, any recommendations?
Maybe The Morgan pub at Malvern, everhy other Thursday, including this one coming (I think). There are a few others around. I'll have a think ...
TWO TOOTS

Post by TWO TOOTS »

Hello & Welcome to the fold Gambo. You haven't just dropped on these shores from N. America/S.Canada have you ? :)
Gambo

Post by Gambo »

No I just shuffled down the road from Birmingham. Thanks for the welcome.