East Durham

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by beowulf573 »

Is anybody else attending the Irish Arts Week in East Durham,NY in a couple weeks?

Does anyone who's been there before have any suggestions on how to get the most out of it? Things you must do and see?

I'm looking forward to it, it's sometimes hard to stay motivated trying to teach myself from books and the net. It'll be nice to sit in classes and be able to get live feedback from someone who actually knows what they're doing. :smile:

Eddie
amanderthad

Post by amanderthad »

Hi Eddie,

I am going to The Irish Arts Week this year. What flute class are you taking? I am in the morning Mike Mchale class which should be great. This is my first year so I have no real tidbits to give to you, but I posted a similar question on the Post-Structural forum and got some nice info. Do a search for East Durham and you should find it.

Cheers

Matt
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

I'll be in Frank Claudy's beginner class. I'm still finding my way around.

Eddie
amanderthad

Post by amanderthad »

Eddie,

Sounds like a good class and a great instructor.

I can't wait to get up there.

Matt
hmartley
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I wanted to post my whistle that’s for sale. I hope this is OK, I haven’t posted for a long time.

Post by hmartley »

Hi. I'm going too, it's my first Irish "band camp." I'm taking John Skelton's class. I was told that this fest has a high "fun quotient." I'm really looking forward to it! See you at the sessions -

Heather
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Geeze, I wish I were going :sad:

Loren
BruceW

Post by BruceW »

This will be my third year at E. Durham. Morning with John Skelton (an informative and fun teacher), and the afternoon with Mary Bergin, a terrific lady.

Classes during the day, then practice and dinner (or the organized slow sessions), then the concert in the evening by the faculty, then sessions in the pubs until the wee hours. Catch a couple hours sleep and start again. Total immersion Irish music and non-stop fun.

Anyone interested in getting together for a pint Sunday afternoon can send me an email and we'll set something up.

See you there,
Bruce