This would be a ineresting design for a metal Conical flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Cork
antispam: No

Post by Cork »

kkrell wrote:...Image...
It got my attention. However,in regard to the unusual embouchure shape, I'd prefer a flat embouchure plate, such as Doug Tipple provides on his flutes.
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

mcdafydd wrote:Thanks, Kevin. I remember looking at that now, years ago, listed under "Unusual flutes." It resembles the Samual Barnett mentioned in another thread about these types of flutes:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=42411

They're both five key, similar body styles, but different G#. I can't tell whether the Barnett keys are mounted on little soldered blocks or not...
The Barnett appears cylindrical. The one I posted is definitely conical.
AnthonyBeers

Post by AnthonyBeers »

Oh, did I mention that the multimillion dollar grant was in Zimbabwean dollars?

Wow maybe I can get into this flute pattening stuff I have 10 grand as book mark.

oh never mind it expired 31st july 2007!!!!!!!!!

No Seriously my friends are starving here!

(I'm not offended we make jokes all the time just don't get caught by the police)
Estamos Juntos
AnthonyBeers

Post by AnthonyBeers »

I think the conical metal flute is already in mass production it seems to go by the name of Shaw, Copeland or maybe even Clarke, maybe you could use their mandrels and design a transverse head, Copeland even has some kind of tuning slide so you could just make a head for that. I think he draws his tubes though.

Has anyone ever tried that??? making a flute head for a Copeland?

I don't know if it would be marketable but it would be a great toy. (no disrespect to the fine instruments made by Mr. Copeland)

(some days I wish I were at home at my anvil instead of Africa with my drilling rig)
Estamos Juntos