Is Paddy Ward still making flutes.... Help with flute purchase decisions.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
jjtrullo
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mainly, looking for advice in choosing a flute maker and wanting the best value. Looks like a very active and helpful forum and I look forward to reading. Originally started looking for a flute for a gift for my husband, and as a non musician needed lots of advice and learned a lot here, and have used the advice here to learn about wood type, keys, makers, ect. But now after all my research i'd like to learn how to play myself!

Is Paddy Ward still making flutes.... Help with flute purchase decisions.

Post by jjtrullo »

Hi all!
I used this forum while searching for a flute for my SO to find good recommendations for someone to purchase from. In my price range, my favorite was Paddy Ward, who has one flute listed for sale on his website. Havent received a reply in a couple months.

Does anyone know if he is still active?
I might have to continue on down the list. Musique Morneaux is second choice, not quite as pretty but hopefully almost as good quality.
Any info or suggestions greatly appreciated!
Flutern
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Re: Is Paddy Ward still making flutes.... Help with flute purchase decisions.

Post by Flutern »

Have you tried contacting him several times? He could have been busy or unavailable when you first contacted him. Sometimes you need to gently insist to get a reply... :poke:
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
rmvanhorn
Tell us something.: Interested in traditional music - Irish, Nordic, you name it. I'm a flute and whistle player and interested in all aspects of flute playing, making.

Post by rmvanhorn »

Irish Flute Store has a 6 key at the moment.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

rmvanhorn wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:50 am Irish Flute Store has a 6 key at the moment.
https://www.irishflutestore.com/product ... key-rudall
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
tradlad123
Tell us something.: Learning more about flutes here, and looking for good makers. Also used instrument exchange is very convenient.

Post by tradlad123 »

FWIW, I was able to get in touch with him through email mid last year.
Latticino

Post by Latticino »

For what it is worth, I have two of his keyless flutes, and they are excellent.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Steven Wright

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
Baron Munchausen