FS: Olwell Keyless D (Pratten Style, Blackwood & Silver) SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
PlanxtyPipes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Flute, whistle, and (beginner) fiddle player! I live in the Charlotte, NC area and love Irish Traditional Music.

FS: Olwell Keyless D (Pratten Style, Blackwood & Silver) SOLD

Post by PlanxtyPipes »

This is a post I hoped I would never have to make, but financial issues necessitate that I seek to move on my beloved Olwell Flute. This is the large hole (Pratten-Style) model in the key of D with a sterling silver tuning slide, fully lined head (also in sterling silver), and sterling silver rings. The flute has been kept in a plastic container with a hygrometer and a humidifier has been used as needed. I live in North Carolina and it's fairly humid here so it stays pretty much between 40% and 50% humidity all the time. The flute is in perfect condition with no cracks or repairs and has been oiled with almond oil with a little vitamin E added for stability a couple of times a year since I purchased it directly from the Olwells in 2019. I'm asking for $2000 + shipping/insurance.

I also have a Northwind case for the flute I purchased separately, however I am coming up on the list for a keyed Olwell flute in the next couple of years and the last I heard Northwind was no longer making these cases. I'm hoping to keep the case for that flute. If it's something you are really interested in I would probably sell it for an additional $300.
PlanxtyPipes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Flute, whistle, and (beginner) fiddle player! I live in the Charlotte, NC area and love Irish Traditional Music.

Re: FS: Olwell Keyless D (Pratten Style, Blackwood & Silver)

Post by PlanxtyPipes »

Flute is sold!