Brad Angus set on Ebay

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Mypipes wrote:As it turns out I was duped into thinking I had accidently pushed the "confirm sale" button on these pipes...My wife had accessed the site and purchased them after I had intitially called her about the proposed purrchase while I was doing homework on the set I go back to Ebay and find out I had purchased........she then clandestinely accessed and arranged payment and all ..the pipes are on the way ...God I Love her!!! :D she plays fiddle and is partial to the C pipes. :P
My wife also made it possible to complete my Boisvert (Greenwood Pipes) full set.... a belated X-mas present. You and I are blessed with Goddesses!
Kevin L. Rietmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Mypipes wrote:Apologies to Kiven REITmun I maen Ritmann uhhh Retman uh whats his face??? :D
No harm done, just that I never heard from you about these pipes like you said. Enjoy!
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

No Kevin.... I had your phone number and called but got no answer...I also called Angus with no answer ...Power with no answer...I emailed Darcy who had no info....when i went back to ebay I was dumbfounded to find that I had purchased the pipes and figured that I accidently hit something ....I was shocked but I was really hot on these pipes anyway ...I mean I got somewhat excited and figured I made a good goofy move here. So the purchase was done without the thorough background check that one would normally want to do.....I am the owner of a narrow bore Angus practice set and have dealt with Brad in the past so my comfort level was already there I was just looking for someone to push me off the cliff so to speak and it turned out that the misses was one step ahead of me!!! I am not to worried and the seller has thus far appeared honorable.
Kevin L. Rietmann

Mypipes wrote:No Kevin.... I had your phone number and called but got no answer...I also called Angus with no answer ...Power with no answer...I emailed Darcy who had no info....when i went back to ebay I was dumbfounded to find that I had purchased the pipes and figured that I accidently hit something...
Yeah sure right! That's what they all say!
I just moved so my old number is kaputt. I can't get Dave on the horn, he's too busy trodding the boards I guess.
I thought Pat set these up, according to the seller. It's set #10 I think. The mainstock is narra wood from Asia, back when Brad was trying all sorts of woods for stocks.
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:I thought Pat set these up, according to the seller.
I gave the odd bridle a squeeze, that's about it really.

Pat "Setter Upper" D'Arcy
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

But that seemed to do the trick!...when are you in Chicago next?
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Hi Jim,

No plans to be out that way until the middle of next year probably. I'll keep you posted.

Patrick.
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

The pipes arrived last wednesday....they are aesthecally beyond expectation. The chanter is fully keyed with a stop key,something that wasnt mentioned. It fired right up in tune ...quiet in the first but real sweet on the second octave. The drones and regs all play and I have hours of work and learning to do. I think I stumbled onto something real nice ...thanks for the input..I'll let ya'll know when the whole lot is up and running.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Looking forward to a audio clip at some point in the not too distant future. :)
Kevin L. Rietmann

Next Sunday AD?

Glad to hear the set is a-happenin'. What were you playing before?
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

Mypipes wrote:The drones and regs all play
Patrick D'Arcy wrote:I gave the odd bridle a squeeze, that's about it really. Pat "Setter Upper" D'Arcy
Well done!
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:Next Sunday AD?

Glad to hear the set is a-happenin'. What were you playing before?

I have a Preshaw halfset in C ...The drones on this set have the most beautiful buzz I have heard to date....The Angus drones are coughing at me right now the only one working is the baritone.....I have spent some three hours on the bass and tenor with limited success. This I am certain is a reed issue only. I have the NPU dvd and have some guidance here with only a need for time.
.I will be selling the Preshaw halfset after I get the Angus fullset going. I am only at the game for three years now so the regs are mostly for show and single hand play ...I have a fullset Gallagher in D so regs are not new to me...just cant get ergonomically and musically comfortable yet....still working the chanter. I will be taking my sweet time with the Angus set and am confident it will payoff...Got go surfing for now Hurricane Epsi something in the atlantic.