VERNAL EQUINOX

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Caroluna
antispam: No

Re: VERNAL EQUINOX

Post by Caroluna »

Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Punxsutawney Phil ‘Indicted’ Over Misrepresentation Of Spring
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ohio- ... hp?ref=fpb
“Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early,” Mike Gmoser, the prosecutor in southwestern Ohio’s Butler County, wrote in an official-looking indictment. Gmoser wrote that Punxsutawney Phil is charged with misrepresentation of spring, which constitutes a felony “against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio.”
:wink:
Cayden
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Caroluna wrote:Punxsutawney Phil ‘Indicted’ Over Misrepresentation Of Spring
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ohio- ... hp?ref=fpb
“Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early,” Mike Gmoser, the prosecutor in southwestern Ohio’s Butler County, wrote in an official-looking indictment. Gmoser wrote that Punxsutawney Phil is charged with misrepresentation of spring, which constitutes a felony “against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio.”
:wink:

Still, it leaves legal scholars to ponder the age old question of law, "how much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood"? :boggle:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
Peewit
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Peewit »

Thanks Cayden, I learned something new today. Woodchuck=groundhog. :really: Who knew? - you did, obviously. "Woodchuck Day" has a certain ring to it...
"Learn what pleases you, learn what feels good, and don't play it too fast." Gary Hastings
Tunborough

Post by Tunborough »

Cayden wrote:Still, it leaves legal scholars to ponder the age old question of law, "how much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood"? :boggle:
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

That's been my experience, anyway.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Tunborough wrote:
Cayden wrote:Still, it leaves legal scholars to ponder the age old question of law, "how much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood"? :boggle:
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

That's been my experience, anyway.
Tunborough,
I see that you are in fact a true scholar of woodchuck behavior and lore! :thumbsup: Good on ye for this most appropriate reference to chuckology! :lol:

On a sidenote, our fellow contemplators of the world of (Marmota monax) and whistle enthusiasts everywhere might find some commonality with this mammal also colloquially known as a "whistle pig". Certainly those of us afflicted with severe cases of WHOAD can readily identify with the title. I know I can! :lol:

Slainte,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Cayden wrote:On a sidenote, our fellow contemplators of the world of (Marmota monax) and whistle enthusiasts everywhere might find some commonality with this mammal also colloquially known as a "whistle pig". Certainly those of us afflicted with severe cases of WHOAD can readily identify with the title. I know I can! :lol:
Is that what I am? I take full responsibility! :thumbsup:
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

ytliek wrote:
Cayden wrote:On a sidenote, our fellow contemplators of the world of (Marmota monax) and whistle enthusiasts everywhere might find some commonality with this mammal also colloquially known as a "whistle pig". Certainly those of us afflicted with severe cases of WHOAD can readily identify with the title. I know I can! :lol:
Is that what I am? I take full responsibility! :thumbsup:
Ytliek

Hey Lad,

Oink - Oink, from one pig to another. :D

Slainte,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

HEY!!!
Did you guys send this?!?! Image

Now I have the ingredients for a delicious, healthy dinner. They say that frozen is almost as good as fresh.

trill

Post by trill »

poor little guy . . .

Cayden

Post by Cayden »

trill wrote:poor little guy . . .

Back when my Father in-law was still living, he kept a rather large vegetable garden every year. One year, he had a woodchuck that was continually raiding his garden and it was "game on", all out war. Now, my Father in-law was a long time hunter, had a nice collection of firearms, but was not particularly good at sneaking into position to snipe the veggie stealing whistle pig.

During this same period of time, my Father in-law kept a large cruising vessel moored in Mystic and often spent weekends on his boat. Just prior to leaving for a weekend on his boat, he dumped several wheelbarrow loads of gravel into the woodchuck's burrow in an attempt to get the little bugger to move on. I found this action to be hilarious and a strange parallel to one Bill Murray in Caddy Shack. Knowing my Father in-law as a complete creature of habit, I knew that the minute he got home, he would run out to check and see if the furry tunnel rat had cleared out the gravel from his burrow. My Father in-law did exactly as predicted only to find a white flag of surrender that I had placed on top of a pole sticking up out of the burrow. The ole boy told me the minute he saw it he folded over in complete laughter and knew immediately that I was responsible.

We use to prank each other regularly and had a grand time doing so. :lol: :lol: :lol: He has been gone seven years now last month. God I miss him!

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Cayden wrote: Hey Lad,
Alright, somebody had to do it. :lol: The kid's home from school today, so I had time to put something together...

Now I see some places I could tidy it up a bit. Maybe later this evening.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Cayden wrote:The ole boy told me the minute he saw it he folded over in complete laughter and knew immediately that I was responsible.
We use to prank each other regularly and had a grand time doing so. :lol: :lol: :lol: He has been gone seven years now last month. God I miss him!
Lovely story! April Fool's Day is coming up. I bet you have some good memories from then. :)
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Yes, I resemble that remark

And sometimes I go whole hog. :lol:
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Caroluna wrote:
Cayden wrote: Hey Lad,
Alright, somebody had to do it. :lol: The kid's home from school today, so I had time to put something together...

Now I see some places I could tidy it up a bit. Maybe later this evening.

Caroluna,

VERY COOL! Now that's a " whistle pig". The only thing that might make it a wee bit more accurate would be if you could photoshop Ytliek's head / face on to the body of that "whistle pig"!

You made my entire day with that photo! :lol: :lol :lol:

Thanks for the laughs,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff