My Cat is So Weird (Part 9)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

My Cat is So Weird (Part 9)

Post by Nanohedron »

She really likes cake donuts. You know, the old-fashioned plain kind with a hint of nutmeg.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: My Cat is So Weird (Part 9)

Post by benhall.1 »

I used to have a cat that used to absolutely lur-ur-ur-ve curry. Oh, and jam.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:I used to have a cat that used to absolutely lur-ur-ur-ve curry. Oh, and jam.
That's pretty remarkable.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Do you know, to this day I have never yet been to a Dunkin' Donuts, so I have no idea what makes their coffee famous. I don't even know where the nearest one is, or if we even have any at all. Anyway, I just get the occasional cake donut (my favorite) at the local gas station. I bring 'em home and let the cat have a sniff; her eyes get big and she begs just as much as if it were a piece of chicken.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Huh? I posted something. It was there. It's gone. Ho hum.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:Huh? I posted something. It was there. It's gone. Ho hum.
Never even saw it.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

So. I was talking about my cat. The one that liked curry. And jam. She was called Lucky. She looked like the cutest little black and white Persian you ever did see. But she was evil. She used to lay in wait for visitors. Once she crept downstairs behind a friend of mine and leaped silently through the open staircase, sinking all four sets of claws and her teeth into his side, where his sweatshirt had ridden up exposing a patch of bare flesh. I hadn't had the heart to forewarn him. He always treated me differently after that, for some reason.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Can't say as I'd blame him. And what was Lucky's destiny after that?
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:Can't say as I'd blame him. And what was Lucky's destiny after that?
Lucky lived to a ripe old age - just 2 months short of her 19th birthday. And she was always a special cat for me. She only liked two living things in the world - myself and my then wife. And, even though she loved us, she attacked even us. Regularly. She was a 'character'.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Our junior cat LOVES bread. Any kind of bread. White bread, whole wheat, banana, zucchini, pumpkin -- it doesn't matter. He doesn't like raw flour, cookies, etc. We have to be vigilant -- when I get home with bread in a grocery bag, if I take my coat off before putting stuff away, his head will be in the bag before I have the coat off. I'd thought it was only yeast bread till I found teeth marks in a loaf of pumpkin bread a year or so ago.

And my wife found him drinking her hot cocoa yesterday.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Tunborough
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

Some years ago, we had a baguette go missing. We found the cat in a closet with the baguette clutched in her teeth, growling at all comers.
walrii

Post by walrii »

BW will eat anything - tomatoes, oatmeal cookies, any meat/cooked any way/with any spices, ice cream - we've yet to find anything we feel safe giving him that he hasn't scarfed down without hesitation. He also kills and eats birds from the garden occasionally. Unfortunately, he thinks it necessary to dine in the house!
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

walrii wrote:... we've yet to find anything we feel safe giving him that he hasn't scarfed down without hesitation.
Including oranges?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »