would a white cap fit on a clare 2 piece?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

would a white cap fit on a clare 2 piece?

Post by Jack »

I'm thinking about buying a white cap to put on my Clare 2 piece but I tried 2 LBW heads on it and they're both loose, so it makes me wonder if I ordered a white cap and waited on it, would it just be loose too? I think it has something to do with the way the Clare's end is sanded down, even its own head fits very tightly, which I think is a good thing. I like taking the 2 piece with me, I just don't like all that chiff and volume all the time.

Anybody have a white cap and a Clare 2 piece and want to tell me? Or if any body here has one for sale (mouthpiece only) I'd be interested in buying it.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I have put a whitecap on a two piece whistle, I'm pretty sure it was a clare. It did fit. Eventually I took it off and put it on a nickel Gen Eb so I would have a good Eb. It is still there. Strong, tight fit both times.
AngeloMeola
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I haven't been active on the site for years. I'm busy raising grandkids so I don't get out to play much.

Post by AngeloMeola »

I put a whitecap on a clare 2-piece and it fit fine. I liked the result so much that it became my favorite whistle. I think it has a little fuller tone than the original whitecap. (That is now my second favorite whistle.)

When I got the first whitecap, I tried the mouthpiece on the rest of my whistles. The Oak and Clare fit fine, but the Doolin has a narrower tube and didn't work.

The original one had a slight air leak between the mouthpiece and the tube when I got it. All it took was a couple of turns of teflon tape to seal. I blow through the wrong end to warm up a whistle and clear condensation and before I sealed it up, I could see tiny bubbles forming around the tube.

I have become a strong believer in 2-piece whistles. I always carry mine in my pocket now. The pieces are about as long as my wallet and I don't have to worry about the whistle falling out of my pocket. I keep the wallet, the whistle and sometimes a sheet of music for a tune I'm working on in the same pocket. If you don't put it in a back pocket, you don't have to worry about damaging it by sitting on it.