Stan Rogers Fans!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
OnTheMoor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by OnTheMoor »

Well, I know if I made a living singing songs I certainly wouldn't stay in Hamilton!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I like a lot of Stan Rogers songs, but Barrett's Privateers will always be my favorite, I'm pretty sure. It's the first one I heard and I still get shivers from it.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

cskinner wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Northwest passage....
My very favorite Stan Rogers song.

"Tracing one warm line..." --what a lyric, eh?

Here's some stuffabout it.

Carol
Thanks for the link Carol.

I'd have to say that Northwest Passage is also my favorite Stan Rogers song. I miss his music intensely, and I can't help wondering what he'd be writing about today, if he were still among us.
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Joseph E. Smith wrote: Thanks for the link Carol.

I'd have to say that Northwest Passage is also my favorite Stan Rogers song. I miss his music intensely, and I can't help wondering what he'd be writing about today, if he were still among us.
Not much different me thinks. Rogers was nostalgic to a fault about the working man and old Canada, I doubt you'd hear him singing about Iraq or anything like that. The country, the coast, history and the people that lived there and through it were what he was interested in. That and family (40 years, Sailor's rest etc).