For all you Corrs watchers. . .

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

Corrs sister marries
DEIA DE MALLORCA, Balearic Islands (AP) -- Caroline Corr, drummer of the four-member sibling Irish pop group The Corrs, married longtime boyfriend Frank Woods in a candlelit church on this Balearic island.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Yeah, we went all thru this in an earlier thread.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

oops
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

On 2002-08-24 09:12, blackhawk wrote:
Yeah, we went all thru this in an earlier thread.
But we do appreciate you thinking about us Tyghress :smile:
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Sorry, I was in a really, really bad mood. I'm all better now.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Since he's lost hope of marrying her himself, he hasn't been the same.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

On 2002-08-24 13:58, TonyHiggins wrote:
Since he's lost hope of marrying her himself, he hasn't been the same.
Tony
Hey, that hit too close to home!! :lol:
Naw, it's ok. Sandra Bullock is still single. (it could happen)
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

On 2002-08-24 11:40, blackhawk wrote:
Sorry, I was in a really, really bad mood.
Oh yes; that reminds me...do I order the Burke or not? :wink:
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

On 2002-08-24 14:23, StevePower wrote:
On 2002-08-24 11:40, blackhawk wrote:
Sorry, I was in a really, really bad mood.
Oh yes; that reminds me...do I order the Burke or not? :wink:
Read the last post I made in that thread, renamed "I'm happy with Burke." He's a good man.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Excuse me for injecting the following comment:

Mmmmm.....guacamole!

Would someone tell me a joke. . .or a recipe. . .or something? I'm on the far end (I hope) of a really cruddy fortnight and as much as I enjoy stress, I'm looking for just a little bit of sweetness, light, health, joy, happiness, etc.

I've finally realized that when I get at all stressed I spend money, and you can all guess what I spend it on. . .yes, this latest spate has resulted in another high-end whistle.

I tried playing to relieve stress, but there is something that is irritating one of the birds, and there is no way in aitch-ee-double hockey sticks that I can do any real playing with a caique sounding off her displeasure.

I tried my Sunday session two weeks ago, and they LITERALLY had someone singing every other set. I nearly went screaming for the hills. I tried this past Wednesday session, and while a double Jameson did cut the edge of my anxiety, the TV camera and film crew (to be shown sometime between 5 and 6, this coming M-F on Channel 3) made the whole experience somewhat surrealistic and not at all relaxing. (There was the singing, there too...While I can deal with Ox doing Big Strong Man, and I love Vinny sincerely even if he DID sing Whiskey in the Jar which I detest over all other songs, two others did ballads that ran on interminably. The only saving grace was the last singer who was nothing short of phenomenal. I have a very very high standard for anyone who sings in public, higher still if they're using a mike, and even higher when it comes to interrutping session music. This man is/was so good I could have wept.

SO. . .Blackhawk pointing out that I goofed did not rattle my cage one iota (in fact his apology was utterly unnecessary, but acknowledged, I hope, with as much grace as it was offered), Mike Burke (did I mention I have a brass sop D, composite C, and Al A, G and low D and I would grovel for a 20% discount) and his woes, Loren and his amazing bluntness, Bloo and his needling, Kelhorn and his attitude, the Texan . . .need I go on?

SOMEONE TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD, OR I'M GONNA GET MAD AND YOU DON'T WANT A MAD CAT!

BTW, the interrupting phone call was from Weekender, who is in the Hartford airport on his way to the Cape. I feel better. . .
Dewhistle

Post by Dewhistle »

Uh...um...

Did you hear about the fire in the circus? The heat was in tents.

Sorry, that's not very good... I panicked.
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

What did the man say when he lost his dog over the cliff.....?

Dog gone!

This man goes to the shrink and says, "Doc, the other night I dreamt I was a wig wam, and then the next night I dreamt that I was a teepee, and the dreams keep going back and forth, back and forth. Can you tell me what's wrong?"

The doc thought about it for a few minutes, and finally lit up and said, "It's simple. You're two tents!"
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Horse walks into a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"

or:

What's the similarity between a prune and an elephant? They're both the same color, except for the elephant.
brownja

Post by brownja »

So, a neutron goes into a bar, has a drink, then asks the bartender "what do I owe you?"
Bartender replies "for you, no charge"

Time flies like the wind.
Fruit flies like bananas.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

<< deep, contented purr >>