FS: Mandolin !!!

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Mandolin !!!

Post by buddhu »

The mando players among you will know how impressed I have been with my Eastman 504.

I never thought I'd do it, but I'm selling the 504!

Our session/jam/band has started playing more kinds of music, adding bluegrass and blues to the folk and ITM. I find I'm using the f-holed Fullerton mandolin more and the oval-holed Eastman less, as I don't like carrying two mandos to gigs.

Also, I'm saving for an expensive F5 and a decent acoustic amplifier so the reluctant sale is in a good musical cause.

The Eastman 504 is a handmade, oval-hole, arch top in the style of a Gibson A4. It has good quality tuners, a heavy cast tailpiece and a slightly radiused fretboard. It comes with an Eastman hard case and a Shadow bridge pickup for amplified gigs. The Shadow bridge is fitted, but I'm including the original stock bridge too.

It has a solid spruce top and solid maple back and sides. The finish is the antique brown.

The mandolin came from TAMCO in Brighton and is something over a year old.

It is in perfect structural condition and has no problems that I have ever noticed. It is mellow with strong bass and sweet mids and treble. Very, very suitable for ITM, folk and blues. Not quite so suited to bluegrass - although some BG pickers love them (Red Rector, for example).

There are some cosmetic blemishes. Some pick scrapes in the varnish. This mandolin has been played with gusto (it virtually begs for it!) so a few signs of the enthusiasm it pulls out of me are not surprising.

I will post pics when I have a moment to take a few.

I'll take £250 GBP + shipping for the Eastman 504 mandolin with hard case and Shadow Bridge pickup. Original bridge also included.

No offers, I'm afraid. That is a great price and if I can't get at least that... well, I'll happily keep the mandolin.

Excuse me now. Something in my eye... :cry:

Edited to add a couple more bits of detail. Edited again to say:

I am SO not concentrating today. Forget the "please PM me if interested" bit (now deleted). I forgot that C&F rules say not to use PM for that. Sorry.

PLEASE EMAIL: rick@regtransfers.co.uk

Here's a few pics:

The arrow shows where there are a couple of dings on the back edge.

That email again: rick@regtransfers.co.uk
Last edited by buddhu on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
lordofthestrings
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by lordofthestrings »

I'm telling ya, if I needed a 5th mandolin (who but the budget fairy says I don't? :P ) I'd be all over this one! My first mando was an Eastman, sold it to upgrade to an F style.

I can't believe this is still untouched! Its a great deal on a stellar instrument!
- - - Spence - - -
A little autobiography, including pictures, Here
Actually, I hate music. I'm only doing this for the money.
buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by buddhu »

Thanks for the plug, LotS!

Thanks people. The Eastman is sold. *sniff* :cry:
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.