Multiwhistle bag

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MandoPaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MandoPaul »

Just got a couple of very nice whistle rolls from Cavallaro case company. They make cases for simple flutes, recorders, etc. but had nothing that worked well for lots of whistles.

I emailed with them and they took the standard 9 slot case and made it 16" long. They also used Fastex quik-release buckles instead of the standard threaded nylon buckles.

Each slot can hold 2-3 whistles and it compresses down to about 6" diameter with a nylon carrying handle.

It's cordura outside and nylon shearling inside, good for insulation and padding.

Nice case and great folks to deal with. If they get much interest, they're willing to make it a "standard" model.

[edited for spelling mistake in title]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MandoPaul on 2002-12-02 19:39 ]</font>
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

cool!
Just so folks know (and cause she doesn't sing her own praises) our own NancyF makes a pretty nice roll case as well. I got one from her earlier this year, and haven't taken whistles anywhere without it. :smile:
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Please help me to know how to contact NancyF, as I could not find any e-mail address connected with her.
Best.
Byll
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

Byll

I think they just moved...I'll post a message on the oklahoma whistlers list and see if I can't find her, as I think I saw her post there once.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

She comes into the C&F chat room sometimes, if I see her I will let her know you're looking.
klezmusic

Post by klezmusic »

I've looked all over for multi-whistle cases and could never find anything I could afford that had the features I wanted, until one day I was arranging my accordion straps, which hang right next to the drum department, and I found myself staring at a TKL drumstick case. The more I stared, the more an idea began to percolate. Just then some dum CUSTOMER grabbed it and took it up to the front counter. I followed, frothing at the mouth, and asked Craig to special order one for me. I have it now - it's inexpensive, it's zippered all around, it has 3 stitched separate compartments on one side and one wide compartment on the opposite side, and it is just long enough to hold every whistle I play regularly, right down to my low F. I saw one last week that also had an exterior compartment, but I don't think I'd use that - I like the security of the zipper. I also like that it doesn't fold over and I don't have to fool with ties - I feel the same way about them as I do about drawstring pants. Easy access, that's my motto - zip and go.

Getcher mind outa da gutter. At my age, I got other reasons. :grin:
Wendina

--
B sharp, C?
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

How much did the Cavallaro cost? I have one for my alto recorder, and they are indeed nice cases. They also made me a custom one for a wooden flute ( which I subsequently sold) and it came out perfectly.
Don't forget to check out Tuffbaggs.com for their whistle cases. Nice people, nice stuff.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
MandoPaul

Post by MandoPaul »

The 9 slot case was $80, the 13 slot would be $120.

Basically, they're the 74RRB and 74RRC made to 16" length.
Wizzer

Post by Wizzer »

On 2002-12-03 19:33, MandoPaul wrote:

The 9 slot case was $80, the 13 slot would be $120.

Basically, they're the 74RRB and 74RRC made to 16" length.
I think I will stick with my tuppaware and a wash cloth at about $10.00.
roycustomknives

Post by roycustomknives »

On 2002-12-03 07:43, brewerpaul wrote:
Don't forget to check out Tuffbaggs.com for their whistle cases. Nice people, nice stuff.
Tuffbaggs.com Thanks for the tip, exactly what I was looking for.
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

I have one of Tuffbags deluxe model whistle bags for sale on another thread http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... forum=1&14

It was supposed to have a total of 14 slots but it had 16. I thought the slots for the high D length whistles were tighter than I liked. Rather than sending it back I tried to turn two slots into one and it didn't work so there's a "visual imperfection" inside the bag that does not affect the servicability and cannot be seen from the outside. Actually perfect other than that and hasn't been used. If anyone is interested, I can send it on approval and if you keep it you send me the money, otherwise you send it back and you are only out postage

Namasté

jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: livethe question on 2002-12-06 13:04 ]</font>
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

While at Sam Ash today (bore cleaning rods, etc.), I checked out some drum stick cases, including a really cool coffin case. After pricing and really thinking about it though, I realized I still like Nancy Farrell's rolls best of all. Haven't seen her post in a while and don't know if she's still making bags, but she's made two custom jobs for me that are wonderful and great value.

Philo
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Tuffbaggs occasionally puts stuff on ebay (where I got my six slot case). BUT if you go find one of their auctions they have a link to a 15% off coupon to their store.