VDay

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jsluder
antispam: No

Re: VDay

Post by jsluder »

avanutria wrote:We don't bother with Valentine's Day. It's not necessary in our house.
Ditto. February 14th has no significance in our relationship. We celebrate our birthdays and our wedding anniversary; those dates have personal meaning for us.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Being single - with no significant other at the present - Valentine's Day really stinks.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

BigDavy wrote:
Wanderer wrote:For Valentine's Day, we're shooing the kids out of the house and I'm cooking my girlfriend salmon mousse stuffed portobello mushrooms with white wine butter sauce (buerre blanc). Served by candlelight, naturally. In the center of the table will be a red glass vase with an arrangement of white lilies and a single red rose in the middle. After dinner will be a candlelit black currant and vanilla aromatherapy soak in the tub, with soft music in the background.

A girl needs to be pampered every now and then...

(after she's all aswoon from my valentines day attentions, I plan on offering her an engagement ring. Padding my chances, you see. :wink: )
Good luck with the amatory plans :thumbsup:

David
Thanks!
Hope she likes the ring...
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

We got the 2009 St. Valentine's Day Musical Challenge out in the mail and we're starting to receive e mail from people who have received it. I expect they'll be hinting for hints soon.

We're both home sick with colds/flus so I'll be making a nice soup tomorrow. Today was canned stew.

Once on a 02/15 the man in the line behind me saw me buying a box of valentine chocolates. He said to me, "You're in big trouble." I said, "What?" He said, "Yesterday was Valentine's Day." and I said, "Oh, I would have been in big trouble with my wife if I paid full price for these chocolates."
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

We will give each other cards and small presents (probably chocolates). After work we plan to go to a contra dance.

My mother-in-law always makes us a card, but we have to stop over at her place and pick it up because "stamps are too expensive".
Charlene
CHasR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by CHasR »

I'm performing at a wedding! ( mind you.. the bride wants to process to 'Amazing Grace" Image )

but its romantical nevertheless... :love:

Then we're dropping the kids off at auntie's
then we're going out for Indian! (Navratan korma, anyone..? it's BYOB: I'm thinking merlot...)
then back home to #*^%@&% the #*&$ out of Mrs CHasR,
and then we're picking up the kids.
:wink:

Soundtrack: 'Tannhauser' Act I, 'Liebestod', Motown.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Bah! Humbug! I hate VD, other STDs too! Oops! too medical :o
mukade

Post by mukade »

What a miserable bunch of sods.

Valentine too commercial nya nya nya.
Our relationships is strong enough without it nya nya nya.

It's only a box of chocos yer stingy gits.

I bet yer kick Chelsea pensioners for wearing bright colours, too.
:poke:

MUkade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Innocent Bystander wrote:I'm planning a big massacre. Got the tommy guns and ammunition - period pieces, but ya gotta do these things right. The gangs are arranged to meet at the big brick wall, and we have the jalopies all ready around the corner. We'll slay 'em!
Now this is my kind of celebration of the day!
Gotta love the twenties.
Can I be a gun moll?
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Valentine's Day is an opportunity to celebrate romance. My wife and I both feel that it is our good fortune to have found each other, both of us having spent years living alone. My wife still has her Valentine card from last year out in a conspicuous place on the kitchen table. She has been reminding me about Valentine's Day for two weeks, fearful that I might forget. She needn't worry though. I'm prepared with card and small gift. This year we have a house guest, so I'm not sure how we will celebrate the day.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Hubby sent me an audio valentine... "Happy Together" by the Turtles... :love:

We regularly celebrate our good fortune at finding one another, ... don't really need V-day for it... but it's a nice excuse for a little extra.

I need a bag of M&Ms or a 6-pack of Hershey bars... mayhap I will feel unsick enough tomorrow to go out and procure said goodies. If not, I'll draft a daughter.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

cowtime wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:I'm planning a big massacre. Got the tommy guns and ammunition - period pieces, but ya gotta do these things right. The gangs are arranged to meet at the big brick wall, and we have the jalopies all ready around the corner. We'll slay 'em!
Gotta love the twenties.
Can I be a gun moll?

Not to go off topic, but today my dad was reading an article in our local free paper about how an unarmed police officer in our county arrested a big-time Chicago mobster back in 1933. The gangster's name was Roger Touhy - a crony of Capone.

My dad says to me - "Oh, Roger Touhy! My Uncle Tommy was his cell mate!"

Just one of our family's small claims to fame, I guess.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

CHasR wrote:I'm performing at a wedding! ( mind you.. the bride wants to process to 'Amazing Grace" Image )

but its romantical nevertheless... :love:

Then we're dropping the kids off at auntie's
then we're going out for Indian! (Navratan korma, anyone..? it's BYOB: I'm thinking merlot...)
then back home to #*^%@&% the #*&$ out of Mrs CHasR,
and then we're picking up the kids.
:wink:

Soundtrack: 'Tannhauser' Act I, 'Liebestod', Motown.

That's one lucky dude, consolidating VD and an anniversary like that!
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

cowtime wrote:
Gotta love the twenties.
Can I be a gun moll?

Sure thing, Baby Doll! Stick with me and we'll go places. Need Ammo?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

anniemcu wrote:Hubby sent me an audio valentine... "Happy Together" by the Turtles... :love:

We regularly celebrate our good fortune at finding one another, ... don't really need V-day for it... but it's a nice excuse for a little extra.

I need a bag of M&Ms or a 6-pack of Hershey bars... mayhap I will feel unsick enough tomorrow to go out and procure said goodies. If not, I'll draft a daughter.
Oh, lucky you. When my wife & I were just friends, that was one of the first songs that we would play together on the piano at the same time. It really saves a lot of time learning a song if you only have to play 1/2 a song/one hand of a song. Thanks for the memory.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦