My red low D MK

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
finchfry049
antispam: No

My red low D MK

Post by finchfry049 »

My red low D MK should be in my hands in two weeks!!
Im freakin excited so i just want all you MK owners to brag on it so i can anticipate it even more :thumbsup:
~Roman Finch~
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Re: My red low D MK

Post by Byll »

My red, low D MK, is a marvelous instrument. It is nicknamed 'Clifford', by my daughter. It handles beautifully, has a full, deep, resonant sound, and no playing characteristic issues of any kind. It will react precisely to what the player inputs, with no additions, subtractions, multiplications, or divisions...

But then again, this describes my blue, low D Goldie Overton, also. When one enters the rarified low D air of MK, Goldie, Burke Viper, and instruments from a number of other top-level makers, one continues to work, and learns to produce music, worthy of the instrument's capabilities.

I don't know if I understand the word 'brag', in your OP. An instrument is an inert object. It has no life. Bragging 'on' an instrument is foreign to me. All one needs to procure an MK whistle in the US, are patience, and the funds to cover the fair price that Misha charges, plus the brutal exchange rate between the pound and the dollar.

I hope your experience with your MK low D, allows you to produce fine music. Your enthusiasm is refreshing.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
A-Musing
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by A-Musing »

If my green MK is any indication...
You will have a good time...
For a long time.

Solid Solid Solid.

Enjoy!
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I've never done a "cold dead fingers" post before now. Ok, done.

Not too sure it's helping my flute-playing, though.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
finchfry049

Post by finchfry049 »

HMMmmmmmm now im getting really impatient for it to arrive :lol:
~Roman Finch~
Greg Connor
Tell us something.: I'm facinated by the simplicity and the ability of the irish whistle. I use it mainly for accent while recording music.

Post by Greg Connor »

There is something about an MK Whistle that sets it apart. My Red Low D is amazing every time I pick it up.
wizzywig

Post by wizzywig »

"There is something about an MK Whistle that sets it apart. My Red Low D is amazing every time I pick it up."
Mine too, I have had one for some years now, I don't play it very often as I get sick of it very quickly, but those first few tunes on it really honk!
Seonachan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Seonachan »

Come on, hung parliament! Constitutional crisis! Banking meltdown, ash cloud, anything! Torpedo that pound and bring an MK within my reach.
'Se SUV a th'anns a' chànan eile agam
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

So if a red MK is "Clifford", what character might my green MK be??

I play mine every day. I never get tired of its sound. As somebody said, it has no "issues", no tuning or voicing flaws which must be overcome by practice. So, I can just play music!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
JayDoc

Post by JayDoc »

Pretty clearly, Gumby.
I'm eagerly (to say the least) awaiting a black one. I dare not solicit nicknames for it, thank you very much.
I"m still not sure what makes something "stinkin" good or why that's a good adjective (thought we do have an excellent garlic-centric restaurant in L.A. called "The Stinking Rose", so I guess I've just rebutted my own comment). Perhaps Mr. Finchfry or another Fippler could write a little tune of that name on a nice MK? Afer all, roses be red too!
Best,
J-Doc

"WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS REALLY WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?"
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Pancelticpiper: SHREK ?

Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

pancelticpiper...

I think of my green MK as "The Meadow."

That's where I inwardly travel whilst playing it.

Good luck in the naming.
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

pancelticpiper wrote:So if a red MK is "Clifford", what character might my green MK be??
Kermit?
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
whistlegal

Post by whistlegal »

I'd been calling mine Kermit, but I like Gumby. Gumby is great! I'm changing it's name. Call it what you will. It is one AMAZING whistle!
sjcavy
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

Love my Viper, Can't wait to try an MK, heard nuthin but good things about them.

Ps. Nicknamed my Viper My "Duty Piece" as its all nice and shiny and chromed..... like a few of my side arms.
Just a newbie making his way through the world.