OT - Feeling like shyte...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
knorris908
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by knorris908 »

JessieK wrote:Thank you very much, Kiirsi. Today was THE WORST it's been so far. I was up at 5 AM...I tried to eat but it was too late. I begged my mom to come over and make me some chicken soup (which she did), because I have a cold, too, and today is Dan's bachelor party (bowling and barbecue). I have a new respect for mothers. I cannot imagine going through this more than once. Perhaps I'll adopt future kids. Geez.

~Jessie
Jessie!!!!!

Just got back, and I'm getting ready for the big moving day. But I saw your thread, and I have to say that I am NOT at all surprised by the landslide of support being shown you. I told you at the beginning that you were a special person who touches many lives, and here's the proof!

Blessings and best wishes to you and your newly extended family. I know that the kitties are going to be happy to have someone else who will want to spend all of their time with them soon!!! :D

As for the name game, I've always wanted "Daddy's little girl", as you know. And I have always been partial to Aeryn. But for you, I'll share it! :wink:

And remember, I'm stationed at Holy Name now, so you MUST come see!! The new Patient Stations are installed on the 5th and 6th floor, so you can answer your E-mail, surf the web, AND post on C&F all from the comfort of your hospital bed!! (And I'll get to visit you during rounds!!!)

Stay in touch! I want to hear all about the big day as it approaches.

Faghann iarraidh iarraidh eile -- 'The seeking for one thing will find another'

May whatever you seek always, always lead you back to happiness.

Kenneth
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Hello Jessie,

I also want to say congratulations on the expected arrival of your little one. Babies are great. We had three (they are all in elem. school, now) and have loved every moment we have spent with them.

Jessie, thank you for the detailed explaination of what was going on in your life within the last few years. Sometimes we just don't know.

I was also wondering if you might post the link to your song, "Teddy O'Neil", as I have lost the link, due to computer failure. I love the song, your voice, and your intepretation of the song. I know it by heart, as do all of my family, since I use it as a practice piece for my fiddle, and thus play it over and over. I also want to record it and send it to Clips 'n Snips. I hope you don't mind. Is it copyrighted?

You take care,
John Palmer
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Congratulations, Jessie, if you're happy now, wait'll you're holding your little one. And the best part is, it keeps getting better. Infants are cute, crawling is cute, toddling is cute, babytalk is cute. . . (And I was one of those guys who was very skeptical about parenthood.)

Isn't "morning" sickness a euphamism? Shouldn't it be 24/7 sickness? Hopefully the worst will be over soon. My wife got over it (and the tiredness) by the second trimester.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
dlambert

Post by dlambert »

Congratulations Jessie on your new life. The best to the both of you and the little one. Thanks for all of your insightful comments about music and whistling over the years.

How about Fiona for a girl. I've always loved that name.

Take Care
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Since I will probably never get to use it :), I hereby donate the name of any baby girl I may have had in the future, Caitlin Edana. But then again, with the last name of Driscoll, the initials might not work-- CAD. Hmm.. my other choice was Caitlin Maire. :-D

Best,
Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
cj

Post by cj »

I once knew an Irish girl named Aethne, which I thought was pretty (apologies if someone has already suggested this).
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

John Palmer, your post warms my heart. I thought we'd never make peace. Thank you.

I got Teddy O'Neill from a recording by Maura O'Connell. It's a traditional song, so I think it's ok to use it however we would like.

The link to my recording is:

http://www.jessiekislin.com/music/

and click on the one that says Teddy_O'Neill.mp3

Everyone else, thanks for your posts, too. Lee, "Boggy Marsh" would have been hilarious! Kind of like our much-loved joke name, Festus. How great is that?!? Seriously, for a girl (which I think it is due to timing), Dan really likes Zoe. Whaddaya think? Chas, I am excited about baby talk and all that stuff. Kenneth, the kitties are very happy already...they have birds to watch and no other cats to torment them!

I did a recording session yesterday with Dan (he writes really good songs, sings and plays piano, and he works with excellent musicians - this is a hobby for him) and my dad (my dad and I sang backup for one of Dan's songs...I had already recorded a whistle track for it). When it's finished, I'll try to get it posted on my site, too.

This progesterone poisoning is, indeed, throwing me for a loop. :puppyeyes:

Thanks for the support. :) Dale wrote to me to ask if David Letterman is the father of my child. Hee hee.

:) Jessie
johnz

Post by johnz »

Wow, only a month late. I just ran across this thread while I was following someone elses name. Congratulations, After having the baby the discomforts of pregnancy will be a dim memory, until the next one :lol: .It's all worth it though, I never particuarly liked kids until I got a couple of my own, now it's hard to imagine life with out them. I have a Zoë Autumn and a Liam Oengus, I've always loved the name Zoë, I chose the O spelling for Angus so he could be Liam O. Zimmerer, a fine old Irish name eh?
I hope you're feeling better by now.
Take care, Johnz
DON'T DRINK SOAP!
KEEP OUT OF EYE!
DILUTE! DILUTE!
OK!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Hmm...I like Liam...hmm.

:)
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hi, Jessie.

I apologize for this taking so long, but today was my first contact with this expert since this thread was posted.

My source is the lead pharmacist at one of the top compounding pharmacies in the U.S. He works with hundreds of physicians who practice mainstream, complementary, integrative and alternative medicine, and he's a tremendous source of information.

Better than anything else, whether herbal, nutritional or pharmacological, he recommends:

Vitamin K (menadione), 5mg per day together with vitamin C, 25mg to 100mg. This is contraindicated if there are problems with clotting or phlebitis, but it is otherwise considered very safe.

This does require a prescription, and it is my understanding that this dosage is different (lower) than what is typically dispensed, and must be compounded. If you're interested, I'll give you the name and phone number of the pharmacy/pharmacist, so you and your physician can talk to him directly. You would probably want to talk to him first and then have whoever would prescribe talk to him after you've looked into it yourself.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Would you want to trust a "lead pharmacist" :D ? Sounds like pretty heavy metal to me....
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar