Buyer Beware -- "Tin Whistle" crap now on Amazon

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Aanvil
antispam: No

Post by Aanvil »

anniemcu wrote:
misterpatrick wrote:Man, I don't know what you guys are going on about. His is a link to a tune created by their uilleann pipe software that is just totally awesome. I'll never play again. Why would I, the computer has obviously created the greatest pipe music ever played!

http://www.mocroi.com/humours.wav
Don't forget to remove your tongue from your cheek before you take the next bite. :D

Well, I must say, I could at least recognize the tune. Barely.

Its sounds like that famous Irish droid...

R2 O'D2

:D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Don't forget this one: http://www.amazon.com/Isle-Skye-Slow-Ai ... 22&sr=1-16.
Can't believe that one has gotten 5 stars! Actually, nevermind. The positive reviews are from obvious shills since the only items they have reviewed are Michael Hamilton products with no less than 5 stars on each item.

See: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-rev ... centReview
falkbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by falkbeer »

Since many of the negative reveiw where deletet by Amazon I have written a "positive" review. Let´s see what they make of it...

"This CD really makes new ground in the field of electronic composition. Karlheinz Stockhausen and Arnold Shoenberg would be proud. Some of the "pieces" have the same microtonal and serial structure where traditional western tonality and form has been rejected in favor of serial, and quite often aleatoric, structure. The fact that the composer has incorporated some folkloristic elements makes his point of a clash between modernity and the old world even more poignant!"
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

falkbeer wrote:Since many of the negative reveiw where deletet by Amazon I have written a "positive" review. Let´s see what they make of it...

"This CD really makes new ground in the field of electronic composition. Karlheinz Stockhausen and Arnold Shoenberg would be proud. Some of the "pieces" have the same microtonal and serial structure where traditional western tonality and form has been rejected in favor of serial, and quite often aleatoric, structure. The fact that the composer has incorporated some folkloristic elements makes his point of a clash between modernity and the old world even more poignant!"
I made some changes:

This CD really braks new ground in the field of electronic composition! Some of the pieces have the same microtonal and serial structure as in the work of Shoenberg, Webern and Stockhausen. They would be proud! Traditional western tonality, melodic structure, and form has been rejected in favor of serial, atonal, and quite often aleatoric, form and melodic structure. The fact that the composer has incorporated some folkloristic (irish) elements makes his point of a clash between modernity and the old world's traditional music even more poignant!
Sam C

Post by Sam C »

Have you seen this one?http://www.amazon.com/Bagpipe-Funeral-M ... 66-2918524

If you read some of the reviews....
We played this at a memorial and everyone was in tears.
What worries me is that the second reviewer could be genuine, he has bought a non-Michael Hamilton item
Craobh Chualann Under 18 Grupa Cheoil
Putting the "Chual" into Craobh Chualann
jlunt

Post by jlunt »

falkbeer wrote:This CD really braks new ground in the field of electronic composition! Some of the pieces have the same microtonal and serial structure as in the work of Shoenberg, Webern and Stockhausen. They would be proud! Traditional western tonality, melodic structure, and form has been rejected in favor of serial, atonal, and quite often aleatoric, form and melodic structure. The fact that the composer has incorporated some folkloristic (irish) elements makes his point of a clash between modernity and the old world's traditional music even more poignant!
Brilliant!! :lol:
jlunt

Post by jlunt »

Sam C wrote:If you read some of the reviews....
We played this at a memorial and everyone was in tears.
What worries me is that the second reviewer could be genuine, he has bought a non-Michael Hamilton item
I don't know - it makes sense to me. If I was part of a captive audience and subjected to this crap, I'd be in tears, too.
River Otter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by River Otter »

You can still give the product a 1 star rating "I hate it" without writing a review and the ratings don't get erased when the reviews do. Also, it doesn't look like they are suppressing the discussion forum, so maybe we should be having (or at least duplicating) these discussions there.
River Otter
Fortitudine Vincit
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Well... my last review still stands... maybe I finally did what was required. The letter from them was not all that informative, but at any rate... It's three days now, and still there.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
azw

Post by azw »

I'm surprised that they removed a review I posted which complimented the CD cover but suggested a bunch of better CDs sold by Amazon. I even included product links.

I've seen plenty of negative reviews on other products, so why are we encountering so much resistance on this one? Who decides whether to remove the reviews: Amazon or the owner of the product?
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

azw wrote:I'm surprised that they removed a review I posted which complimented the CD cover but suggested a bunch of better CDs sold by Amazon. I even included product links.

I've seen plenty of negative reviews on other products, so why are we encountering so much resistance on this one? Who decides whether to remove the reviews: Amazon or the owner of the product?
Read the Review Requirements ... it explains a bit... not much, but a bit.
anniemcu
---
---
---
azw

Post by azw »

Those guidelines are pretty vague, as they'd have to be. Maybe the used the guideline prohibiting multiple links to justify axing my review. I'll try again with just one!
azw

Post by azw »

Amazon won't let me review it. Here's the message:
Your review was not accepted because we only allow each customer to write one review of each product set. An example of a product set is the collection of all editions of a book: hardcover, paperback, and audiobook. If you'd like, you can edit your existing review.
When I searched on my reviews, it shows I have none at all.

Well, at least now I have good reason to stop wasting my time on it!
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

azw wrote:Amazon won't let me review it. Here's the message:
Your review was not accepted because we only allow each customer to write one review of each product set. An example of a product set is the collection of all editions of a book: hardcover, paperback, and audiobook. If you'd like, you can edit your existing review.
When I searched on my reviews, it shows I have none at all.

Well, at least now I have good reason to stop wasting my time on it!
Yeah... you're supposed to have the ability to edit your review so that it can then reappear, but how can you edit something that isn't there??

I suggest, if you have the inclination to continue, that you use their email contact to ask them about it. I did get responses pretty quickly, and at least some better understanding of their methods. They do need to know about the fact that you can't access your review.

I got told that I had a total of three submitted (correct) and that I could only have one per item, so *they* still see them all, even though I can only find the last one.

I'll address that too.
anniemcu
---
---
---
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I truly think amazon.com's treatment of this situation is inexcusable. The last round of deleted reviews were blunt in their assessment but not primarly based on personal opinions. I'm convinced at this point that the producer of this CD is raising regular hell with amazon.com and they are just rolling over and deleting the reviews on request rather than take the time to look at the situation. If I thought everybody who ordered the CD and hated it would return it, I'd say serves amazon.com right. But, it's still a hassle to pack up a CD and return it and most people would probably just throw the thing away.

But, this claim that reviews were deleted because they were mostly based on personal opinion is silly. Look at their reviews of just about any political book.