Polluting/spamming the forums

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

jGilder wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:I do feel that you are leaving a mark on the 'pub with the frequency and type of your posts, and while I don't think Murphy is particularly diplomatic in addressing the issue, I think it's a fair topic for discussion here (just like comercial posts), and not just something that needs to go into PMs.
I'm certainly not the only one posting political topics; there are others as well so why am I singled out? When I'm not practicing or playing gigs etc., I’m thinking a lot about politics. This is who I am and my posts would naturally reflect that. Other people's interests outside of music are reflected in their posts -- why not mine? I contribute on other people's political threads as well as some of the fun threads or whatever they happen to be. I've even contributed to some of yours if I recall, Bloomfield. The bottom line is that if you're going to take issue with me for contributing to political threads or starting them -- you should include everyone else as well to be fair. And it's not even the liberal leanings of my posts that are unique because there are others of like mind who are just as prolific. What makes mine so special for you that you think it’s a “fair topic for discussion”?
hmmm... could it be because you think important things are important, tend to know what you are talking about, say what you mean in a reasonbly articulate manner, and are able to back up your arguments ? ... that makes you hard for a lot of people to take. :)

I probably don't get that here, because I do most of that on another board, where we get the same regular cycle of "why do people have to post this, and can't we just stay on topic" (pretty ironic when the board title is, of all things, "controversial issues", LOL!), and I am the "troublemaker' there.

I try to keep these in mind, and still stand up for what I believe.

I *think* that is all the original poster was really trying to do, though letting more personal feelings get in the way.

Some folks get very uncomfortable looking at troublesome issues, or listening to others have fun (I am NOT pointing fingers, here), and their frustration comes out in a vent post. I try to see if any of it is reasonable, and if any of it might pertain to me, and if so, decide what to do to keep my own doorstep clean. Then I carry on doing what I think is right and enjoying the diversity of opinions. If not, I usually write them down as someone whose posts to avoid. Works pretty well... most of the time.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jGilder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jGilder »

Bloomfield wrote:I think you have posted stuff as acerbic and rude, and you haven't been tarred & feathered and chased off the board. :)
But never directed at anyone personally on the board. I have reacted sharply when I'm being insulted, but Jack Murphy wasn't even responding to a personal assault from someone in the discussion -- it was an unprovoked attack. In fact, Jack has been rare in these discussions at all, surprisingly considering his sig.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, you know, Bloomfield, I just can't help but see how jGilder feels. I wasn't singled out but I am newer, my post number is high, I engage in a lot of foolishness, and old friends are being called in to improve the quality of the conversation! Not being a total fool, I guess I can figure where that leaves me. If I took this to heart a bit, what do you imagine someone who is singled out would feel like? Probably not too good.

Okay, jGilder. I think you should consider the possibility that although you were singled out that it wasn't you really. It wasn't about you. So I would say forget it and move on. Don't try to figure it out because you won't be able to. Play like it never happened.

I have given things some thought and recovered and have made one silly post, which was received in the chilliest manner possible :lol: , and one good post. Okay, so you know, life goes on. Make some more nude photos of yourself.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Nanohedron wrote:Bloomfield, I am categorically NOT an ABBA fan. How could you?
So what's this then? You thought I had forgotten, eh?
Nanohedron wrote:Does anyone have sheetmusic for Money Money Money, and Chicitita, Dancing Queen, Waterloo, and Take A Chance on Me? Whistle tabs would be great. Oh, and you guys are gonna flip when you hear this: I have a Susato signed by Anagret! How flippin' cool is that?!?

I forgot what about The Winner Takes It All?

Thanks!
/Bloomfield
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

anniemcu wrote:
jGilder wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:I do feel that you are leaving a mark on the 'pub with the frequency and type of your posts, and while I don't think Murphy is particularly diplomatic in addressing the issue, I think it's a fair topic for discussion here (just like comercial posts), and not just something that needs to go into PMs.
What makes mine so special for you that you think it’s a “fair topic for discussion”?
hmmm... could it be because you think important things are important, tend to know what you are talking about, say what you mean in a reasonbly articulate manner, and are able to back up your arguments ? ... that makes you hard for a lot of people to take. :)
Cheers... your check's in the mail Image
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Bloomfield wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Does anyone have sheetmusic for Money Money Money, and Chicitita, Dancing Queen, Waterloo, and Take A Chance on Me? Whistle tabs would be great. Oh, and you guys are gonna flip when you hear this: I have a Susato signed by Anagret! How flippin' cool is that?!?

Thanks!
Bloo, you imposter, you! Who's the fan, now? I don't even know who Anagret is. Hmm...Royce plays a Susato at the gigs...I'll have to take a gander, won't I.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Nanohedron wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:

Thanks!
Bloo, you imposter, you! Who's the fan, now? I don't even know who Anagret is. Hmm...Royce plays a Susato at the gigs...I'll have to take a gander, won't I.
Nano, I admit: I made that up. Sorry. Shame on me. I know you're not an ABBA fan. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course.)

Cynth, I'm trying to make jGilder feel better but I am not doing very well, I guess. I better stop posting now, I am getting silly.
/Bloomfield
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Teri-K wrote:
jGilder wrote:I can see that Murphy has friends in here, and that's great, but go back and review the initial post again as if he wasn't your offspring. Try to imagine him singling you out or your posting habits or insulting your contributions. Try thinking about the unnamed whose feelings might be hurt by what he said -- then commence with his defense.
Your reference to some sort of maternal feelings is so incorrect that I can only imagine they must be coming from your need to lash out. By your statement, I can tell you that you obviously do not know me.
I should have been clearer that it wasn't just you that seemed to treat Murphy as some sort of C&F prodigal son – I was referring to everyone that has come to his defense.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Bloomfield wrote:...I am getting silly.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I am enjoying this thread immensely. But I don't like ABBA either.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Denny

Post by Denny »

Oh dear! Bloomfield has evoked a common enemy.
Group Hug

...getting close to last call...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

The Weekenders wrote:I am enjoying this thread immensely. But I don't like ABBA either.
There you go smothering us with apparent pediatry.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Let he/she without sin cast the first stone in the direction of Dancing Queen :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Hey, I don't work on feet! And I am not, contrary to belief, a Pediatrician.
I'm more of a variant patrician. I just need the gold.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

The Weekenders wrote:Hey, I don't work on feet! And I am not, contrary to belief, a Pediatrician.
I'm more of a variant patrician. I just need the gold.
Oh. Sorry. Perhaps that ought to have been "heir-apparentry". Or something.