Posting clips

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
pixyy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Re: Getting the link

Post by pixyy »

cocusflute wrote:publiclink][/u]http://www.box.net/shared/gdi4ny5zxq

Take out this : publiclink] so you have (with no spaces) what should look like this:

[url = http: //www. box. net/shared/gdi4ny5zxq] name of tune [/url]

Then it should work. Assuming you copied the Public Link from box.net properly. Before posting do a preview or go to your C&F mailbox and send the message to yourself. If it works you'll see the link properly displayed.
If it doesn't work PM me what you have and I'll go over it with you by PM.
Boyd, if you checked all the things that Cocus wrote here, make sure that you have BBcode and HTML enabled.
Go to your profile, in the preference section there are YES/NO options, HTML and BBcode being 2 of them.

cheers,
Jeroen
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

Oh my G-D! I must be technologically challenged or something. I was trying to get all of my tunes on Box.net into a file called Flute tunes so that they would be easily accessible to all without having to download, but.... please, somebody, let me know if your are able to click on them and have them play for you without being downloaded. Thanks, I just have to get away from this for a while.

Arbo
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

Oops! Here's the link to my Public box:
http://public.box.net/imnotirish73470

Arbo
Jim W
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jim W »

ImNotIrish wrote:please, somebody, let me know if your are able to click on them and have them play for you without being downloaded.
Yes.
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

Jim, thanks. it's kinda a nightmre. I realized the volume on one of the selections is low so I am reloading that particular tune (The snowy path). Thanks for the feedback.
Arbo
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

Re: Box.net
I am observing that mp3 files with the extension .mp3 are opening in a player window and start playing automatically, whereas files with extension .MP3 are opening to be downloaded first. So watch out and make your files with lower case letters as SomeFileName.mp3
I observe this with Firefox running on a Windows platform.
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

Hans,

you are so right. Thanks for the insight!
Arbo

I guess I am free to continue the assault?
sbhikes

Post by sbhikes »

Here's my contribution, as awful as it is. I am a complete beginner and this is the first tune ever on my flute, a brand new Casey Burns Folk Flute.

Rambling Pitchfork

Don't listen to this as an example of "how it is done." I don't know what I'm doing. Listen to the other guys. You have been warned.
~Diane

My Credentials as a rank beginner on the flute
rama
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

very nice! didn't take you long to get going on your new flute, keep up the good work.
Markus

Post by Markus »

I don't suppose I can resist the temptation to chime in with a few tunes myself. So a quick recording was done, warts and all...

http://www.box.net/shared/4zpem7iiyu

I don't have a name for the jig, but it has popped up from a few records after I learned it. Got it from Niall Keegan myself.

As for the reel I paired with Bonnie Anne, I do not have a clue of its origins. A whistle player called Dave Murphy taught it to me a while back, but so far I have not run into anyone else who would play it. So I dearly appreciate any info one might have about that tune.
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Great playing there Markus!
Didn't you attend the Univ. of Limerick?

cheers,
Jeroen
pixyy

Post by pixyy »

Another clip:

2 polka's from the playing of John McKenna
http://www.box.net/shared/madpxq5gom

cheers,
Jeroen
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Fine choice. I've always liked both of them. To tell the truth, I've always enjoyed polkas, ssssh, don't tell to your reel-rippers sessionmates :lol: I should try to refresh them.
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

The Walls of Liscarrol

I've been having tension problems lately, and I just figured out why. Somewhere, probably on the internet, I read something about pushing hard on the flute with the thumbs to keep it stable... So I have been doing that ever since.

So, I am working on letting go of that. Or rather, letting go of it is easy, but remembering to do so is not necessarily easy. I was surprised by how much bigger my tone got when I gave up my death grip on the flute.
William Bajzek
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

It happens the same to me, William. My grip is far from orthodox. I play on the shoulder, worst of all is that my left hand grip (I'm right-handed) is terrible, I've seen nobody holding the flute like that. The point is that I sometimes -it depends on the day- press too much with the left thumb, it's useless and sometimes painful. I agree absolutely, concentrating on not pressing a lot seems easier to think than to do.

I've updated my clips. You've already suffered enough the former ones, so you have new stuff to punish yourselves :lol:. First is a reel known to me through Matt Molloy. I tried to ape that lively optimistic bright of him, (unsuccessfully, I must add.) Second is a polka learnt from the playing of Harry during the last november Caceres Fleadh. Played too fast, don't blame the teacher, it's a lovely uplifting polka when played properly. As usual, I don't know their names.

Rgds
Rafa

*editde four espelin
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere