how a deaf fluteplayer gets to hear again

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Innocent Bystander
antispam: No

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Alan wrote:
*hugs*
Don't YOU start! :twisted:

Best of Luck, Berti!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Wishing you the best Berti. I had been meaning to track this thread down myself but couldn't put two and two together to come up with a good key word.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

((((Berti)))))

I'll be holding you in my heart and prayers.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
swizzlestick

Post by swizzlestick »

Berti, please hang in there. You have shown so much courage and spirit that I know you can overcome this. Focus on the fact that you already know it can work and the doctors just need to get you back on track.

Please do let us know how it goes.
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
Cork

Post by Cork »

Berti,

Although this thread is now more than half a year old, I found it only today.

While reading through the thread, moreover, I enjoyed learning of your experiences, but this latest turn of fate is not good.

I am glad that you have shared your feelings, however, and I wish you well.

Please, keep in touch.
jw wren

Post by jw wren »

These cochlear implants were invented here in Oz and there's still a lot of work being done on them.

If all else fails you may wish to contact the Bionic Ear Institute:

http://www.bionicear.org/people/shepherr/

You never know, they may be able to help???
Berti66

Post by Berti66 »

I got home. Don't ask me how.
Saw the ear doc: did not even want to read the log that I had taken along which had all the details described. He looked in my ear and a ct scan is being requested but has a weeks long waiting list.
He told me the implant had likely moved which is why the swelling is there.
I felt not taken seriously.

Second, social worker.........could do nothing for me. I just sat there crying and was told they don't have enough people and not enough time, till over their ears in work etc etc which is THEIR problem but I am the victim of that.............and who knows how long its going to take and meanwhile my nerves are wearing very thin.
NO support from her.

Audiologist, only walked in, dumped the replacement processor and walked out, she had NO TIME , despite of the promise of having an appointment with her.

I don't know what to do now. If they are not in a hurry at all to help me while it is clear there is something wrong, I am on my own.
It feels like I can forget everything now..........they don't seem to care about the fact how I am feelig right now and just sent me home.
It feels like a completely wasted day...........and I know I don't even have the right to switch hospitals .......otherwise I would just do that.

I have no words for what I feel and what goes through my mind.
It's scary.

Berti
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

I hope you can take some comfort in the knowledge that we are all thinking of you during these difficult times. Not to sound too cliche, but this too will pass.
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Dear Berti:

As a social worker, I wish you would have received better from that social worker. It's isn't your fault they're short staffed. In those many occasions when I can't solve someone's problems, I at least try to give folks some tools, information, or direction for them to begin to work on solving their problems themselves.

I don't know how things are where you live, but everyone has a supervisor and there is usually a process for a person to file a complaint or resolve a problem to receive satisfactory service.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Berti, hang in there... I know how depressing this set-back is, but it is not necessarily a permanent thing... It is bad that the powers that be are too busy to actually do their jobs, but that doesn't mean it won't happen... take some deep breaths and know that we are all pulling for you. As someone else said above, "This, too, shall pass."

I'm crossing fingers, thinking pointed thoughts to those who need to pay better attention and aiming strength, patience, courage and luck your way. Keep letting us know what's going on. We're here for you!

((((Berti))))

annie
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Berti66

Post by Berti66 »

hi all

*THANKS* this helps a bit.
But I have more arrows on my bow........I have meanwhile thought out what I am going to do and drew the conclusion that I am SO fed up with that hospital.

I am going to contact an organization which works with people with hearing problems and which also has social workers.
Yesterday an (also implant wearing) friend told me that someone had managed through them to be sent to another hospital and is doing much better now.
That same friend will also talk to her own social worker next wednesday to see what's possible as she is shocked about what is happening.
Besides that, I do know an audiologist who works not too far away who is head of the department of an audiology centre and who might be able to help but that is a last resort.

It is clear there is something wrong in my head and I do hope that it won't get any worse meanwhile. Will try to put down things on paper which have happened since november to have a story ready.

Doesn't mean I don't feel very very very tired of all the fighting. Trying to hang in here and do my daily jobs and stuff.
Sheesh sometimes I really think "what have I done to deserve this" although I KNOW it is NOT ME....

Send bottles of wine along please for medical purposes only ;)
Berti
claudine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

come on Berti, be strong and get through this difficult period. Don't give up hope.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Keep the faith, Berti! I'll drink to your health tonight.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
ElPollo

Post by ElPollo »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Keep the faith, Berti! I'll drink to your health tonight.
I'll drink to that. Cheers.