Buyer Beware -- "Tin Whistle" crap now on Amazon

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jileha
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jileha »

jkwest wrote:Image

Dang...

what a chump this guy is..
:lol:

But you're still implying that these CDs actually do have a relevance. (I'm not even thinking of the implied insult to the members of the feline race!)

Is there an option for negative search terms, ie. do not show this item when somebody searches for: whistle, music, quality... :D
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Amazon currently says
No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
That's not quite true either, is it?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I'm fed up with the whole thing! :x
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Hate to get off topic (sort of), but I purchased one of those Feadog kits awhile back that included a Feadog Pro D, Booklet and CD and the CD it came with was Michael Hamilton whistle software. I never used the thing and now I am really disappointed that I got that CD over the standard companion CD to the booklet. Anyone have one of the Feadog tutor CDs they can spare or sell?
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Steamwalker wrote:Hate to get off topic (sort of), but I purchased one of those Feadog kits awhile back that included a Feadog Pro D, Booklet and CD and the CD it came with was Michael Hamilton whistle software. I never used the thing and now I am really disappointed that I got that CD over the standard companion CD to the booklet. Anyone have one of the Feadog tutor CDs they can spare or sell?
That's awful. You should let Paul McCarron at Feadog know. Here is the email address: whistles@feadog.ie

I don't think they would appreciate this sh*t being sold with their whistles.
/Bloomfield
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Well, according to where I bought it (http://www.lollysmith.com/trpafeprodwh.html), "Feadóg are proud to announce they have entered into a partnership with MoCroi Inc. to produce a special triple pack that includes a Feadóg Pro D Whistle, a Feadóg Tutor Book and MoCroi’s Tin Whistle Software."

Unfortunately, I don't see an option to buy just the CD from Feadog or anyplace else. If I want to get the tutor CD, I will end up having to buy another 2 or 3 pack.
azw

Post by azw »

I wouldn't give up; it's worth writing to Feadóg, even if just to complain about the CD you got.

My guess is that they'll not be pleased to learn that about the announcement that "Feadóg are proud to announce they have entered into a partnership with MoCroi Inc. ...."

Since the store you bought from has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, the chances are they'll be responsive even if it's past 30 days. Also, they have the package deal with the Feadóg software much cheaper than the MH software. Maybe they've got a bunch of the original Feadóg CDs laying around and you could ask for a replacement or swap. It's worth asking.
Last edited by azw on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

azw wrote:I wouldn't give up; it's worth writing to Feadóg, even if just to complain about the CD you got.

My guess is that they'll not be pleased to learn that about the announcement that "Feadóg are proud to announce they have entered into a partnership with MoCroi Inc. ...."
I'll bet they'll be surprised as well. The Mocroi company claims the same thing on their website (see under 'shop for instruments'): http://www.mocroi.com/
Keith
Roger O'Keeffe

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Looks as if Feadóg are now willing to accept endorsements from just about anybody :P
MUSIC INITIATIVE - In 2005 a music initiative took place in Ireland with a view of increasing awareness of Music in Schools. As a result of this initiative, 26000 Feadóg Irish Whistles were purchased and distributed to every primary school teacher in Ireland. You can read more about this initiative here. Andrea Corr supported the initiative and helped launch this worth while cause.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:Looks as if Feadóg are now willing to accept endorsements from just about anybody :P
MUSIC INITIATIVE - In 2005 a music initiative took place in Ireland with a view of increasing awareness of Music in Schools. As a result of this initiative, 26000 Feadóg Irish Whistles were purchased and distributed to every primary school teacher in Ireland. You can read more about this initiative here. Andrea Corr supported the initiative and helped launch this worth while cause.
when I grew up in Sweden (in the 60´s) almost every kid got a plastic recorder. Most pupils swiched to other instruments as soon as possible. Guitar was a popular choise at the time. Musical education was free in all public schools. Sweden has had a relatively strong position in popular music, and there has been attempts to explain this early contact with free musical education and recorder playing! Many now well established swedish musicians began this way.

I believe that the tin whistle is a better choise than the recorder in early musical education - the fingering system is by far much easier and it´s also easer to play in tune and get a nice tone from a whistle. And for the same money you´ll get a better whistle than a recorder.
Roger O'Keeffe

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Agreed. Not least <a href=http://www.abbasite.com/start/index.php ... sh=yes>you know who</a> who, in spite of an early diet of recorders, did rather better than <a href=http://www.dervish.ie/> the other crowd</a>, reared on tin whistles :D .
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
jileha

He's a hit in Germany

Post by jileha »

Michael Hamilton is a big hit in Germany - at least judging by the going rate of his Bagpipe Funeral Music CD....

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B ... 721&sr=1-9

The second seller offers a used CD for the special price of - you might want to put don't your mug with tea or coffee at this point - the special price of .... drum roll....

EUR 92.38
(at the current exchange rate, that's USD 123.43)

At EUR 27.95 it's not exactly a steal either, but at least it's new.

It must be good then, mustn't it? :P
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Re: He's a hit in Germany

Post by khl »

jileha wrote:Michael Hamilton is a big hit in Germany - at least judging by the going rate of his Bagpipe Funeral Music CD....

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B ... 721&sr=1-9

The second seller offers a used CD for the special price of - you might want to put don't your mug with tea or coffee at this point - the special price of .... drum roll....

EUR 92.38
(at the current exchange rate, that's USD 123.43)

At EUR 27.95 it's not exactly a steal either, but at least it's new.

It must be good then, mustn't it? :P
Thanks for posting this. I left a review there and will return now and then to some of the other products and leave reviews. Except for the title, I used English (not confident in my German--can read at a basic research level, but can't generate sentences). Many will be able to understand the English and the single star will warn them away.
Keith
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Maybe in my outrage at seeing all the honest ones deleted I hadn't noticed earlier, but our little beauty now has no reviews at all. Seems even the positive ones are removed. At least that is a small consolation.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

They've got it set up now to screen reviews for that item. If you leave one, it won't get posted immediately,and then you'll later get an email stating that the review wasn't accepted. Found that out last week.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║