TED

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: TED

Post by Doug_Tipple »

TED: I keep thinking that this must be a Kennedy memorial post, but I see that it is about something that I don't understand, so nothing more to say.
Denny

Post by Denny »

but, but....I always use links :lol:

I've even hidden them in the space between words :oops:
Denny

Post by Denny »

Denny

Post by Denny »

Josh Silver demos adjustable liquid-filled eyeglasses

Atomic physicist Joshua Silver invented liquid-filled optical lenses to produce low-cost, adjustable glasses, giving sight to millions without access to an optometrist.
crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

Doug_Tipple wrote:TED: I keep thinking that this must be a Kennedy memorial post, but I see that it is about something that I don't understand, so nothing more to say.
Doug, meet Ted. http://www.ted.com/pages/view/id/5
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Denny

Post by Denny »

Denny

Post by Denny »

Steve Truglia: A leap from the edge of space

At his day job, Steve Truglia flips cars, walks through fire and falls out of buildings -- pushing technology to make stunts bigger, safer, more awesome. He talks us through his next stunt: the highest jump ever attempted, from the very edge of space.
Denny

Post by Denny »

James Balog: Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss

Photographer James Balog shares new image sequences from the Extreme Ice Survey, a network of time-lapse cameras recording glaciers receding at an alarming rate, some of the most vivid evidence yet of climate change.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lewis Pugh swims the North Pole

Lewis Pugh talks about his record-breaking swim across the North Pole. He braved the icy waters (in a Speedo) to highlight the melting icecap. Watch for astonishing footage -- and some blunt commentary on the realities of supercold-water swims.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Denny wrote:Lewis Pugh swims the North Pole

Lewis Pugh talks about his record-breaking swim across the North Pole. He braved the icy waters (in a Speedo) to highlight the melting icecap. Watch for astonishing footage -- and some blunt commentary on the realities of supercold-water swims.
Been there, tried that. Cold water shock(cold shock response) isn't so bad once the EMTs clear your lungs of water, do CPR to start your heart and you start breathing again. Just make sure to tell them no mouth to mouth, that CO2 could kill ya.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Rebecca Saxe: How we read each other's minds

Sensing the motives and feelings of others is a natural talent for humans. But how do we do it? Here, Rebecca Saxe shares fascinating lab work that uncovers how the brain thinks about other peoples' thoughts -- and judges their actions.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Vishal Vaid's hypnotic song

Vishal Vaid and his band explore a traditional South Asian musical form in this mesmerizing improv performance. Sit back and let his music transport you.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Misha Glenny investigates global crime networks

Journalist Misha Glenny spent several years in a courageous investigation of organized crime networks worldwide, which have grown to an estimated 15% of the global economy. From the Russian mafia, to giant drug cartels, his sources include not just intelligence and law enforcement officials but criminal insiders.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Bjarke Ingels: 3 warp-speed architecture tales

Danish architect Bjarke Ingels rockets through photo/video-mingled stories of his eco-flashy designs. His buildings not only look like nature -- they act like nature: blocking the wind, collecting solar energy -- and creating stunning views.
Denny

Post by Denny »

John Lloyd inventories the invisible

Nature's mysteries meet tack-sharp wit in this hilarious, 10-minute mix of quips and fun lessons, as comedian, writer and TV man John Lloyd plucks at the substance of several things not seen.