Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Re: Devondancer update

Post by avanutria »

(Maybe your muted whistle ended up in the hospital's lost and found?)

There's a good market for whistlers with unusual skills - could be the start of a new career! My first experience watching a whistler was in high school, a pair of whistle-playing brothers came to give a performance. once of the things they did was play a tune together on one whistle - with one brother supplying the air and the other brother supplying the hands! It was pretty cool. They also played two whistles each, via their noses, which was also highly amusing to the age group of the audience. :P
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

Well, it's good to see I may have a marketable skill - I don't have many of those left!

Must work on brain cells; must work on brain cells; must work on brain cells.
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Now here is an even more interesting point. I am not an ambidextrous whistler. My left hand was at the top all the time. I just forgot that it was my left hand. Have I lost more brain cells, or less? :lol:
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

devondancer wrote:Now here is an even more interesting point. I am not an ambidextrous whistler. My left hand was at the top all the time. I just forgot that it was my left hand. Have I lost more brain cells, or less? :lol:
The stress of the surgery no doubt confused your digits. They'll right themselves shortly, I'll wager. :) Hi to Ro and EC.

Hugs to you!
S
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Just to update you, Lesley had a bad turn yesterday evening and worried us all for a while, but is much better this morning. The docs think it is still reaction to the anaesthetic, which is the problem she had immediately after this operation, and she is being given oxygen to try to "flush" the gases out of her system. She is apparently wide awake, stable and cross with herself this morning. She had different plans for today!
Thank you all for talking to her and keeping her amused. We both appreciate it.
Roland
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Now look, Lesley. I know you've gotten used to keeping us on the edge of our seats but I for one would really like to be able to sit back and relax for a while! No more of these shenanigans, now. :wink:
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Yeah, look out, or we'll get Ro to put you on the list for a shenaniganectomy.

Right hand, left hand... Leonardo Da Vinci and me had the same trouble. I can tell which way is north, though, and some of those officious left-right martinets can't.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

I'm busy at work today so I won't have time to send prayer and songs to Lesley but I did check out of the library some CD's yesterday and will play those for Lesley's benefit. I think Tina Turner can straighten up Lesley with her shenanigans.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

mutepointe wrote:I'm busy at work today so I won't have time to send prayer and songs to Lesley but I did check out of the library some CD's yesterday and will play those for Lesley's benefit. I think Tina Turner can straighten up Lesley with her shenanigans.
Yup! Tina Turner could straighten anyone up with her shenanigans! :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

mutepointe wrote:I think Tina Turner can straighten up Lesley with her shenanigans.
"Put Aretha Franklin on
Turn it up, turn it up in the middle of the night
It'll do as much good as any medicine
To make her feel all right"

Greg Brown, song "Say a Little Prayer", on the album "One More Goodnight Kiss"
http://www.gregbrown.org/
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

I have just got home after spending the day with Lesley. There have been no more shenanigans, you will be pleased to hear, and she has done little damage. She is now off the oxygen, has spent the morning being checked and tested and is hungry and cross with herself! Hungry because apparently overloading her digestive system strains her heart, so she is back to IV feeding. She says that tomorrow the doctors will be cross with her because she has lost even more weight, and it is not her fault!
We hope that tomorrow she will be allowed up again and able to eat, which should improve her temper. She does not have red hair for nothing.
Protean
Tell us something.: Amateur whistler for 14 years, amateur fiddler for 30 years. Haven't played either much in a while, looking to get back into it.

Post by Protean »

devondancer wrote:She does not have red hair for nothing.
Oi... I can empathise with that... My wife is a red head, too. Quite the appetite on her, also (in spite of her being incredibly thin). And when she's hungry, you do not wish to be around her... Best of luck, Ro! :)
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you!
Fortunately, having lived with her for 23 years, I am used to the hungry temper! Next will be the hungry migraine - I came home at the right time!
She is really more cross with herself, actually. She is never cross with me unless I deserve it, being one of the fairest people I know, but she can be very hard on herself. She just wanted to get out of the hospital, and was let down yet again by her poor body, and it annoys her. That's Lesley. No compromise.
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

Protean wrote:
devondancer wrote:She does not have red hair for nothing.
Oi... I can empathise with that... My wife is a red head, too. Quite the appetite on her, also (in spite of her being incredibly thin). And when she's hungry, you do not wish to be around her... Best of luck, Ro! :)
You guys who say these things about red-haired women should realize that THE RED-HAIRED WOMEN ARE LISTENING and IT MAKES US CRABBY TO HAVE OUR EMOTIONS ATTRIBUTED TO OUR HAIR COLOR. :swear:

I remember being a small child and hearing grown-ups say over my head "She's just cranky because she's tired," or sometimes "She's cranky because she's hungry." That made me so mad! :x I thought I was cranky because of the injustice of the world, whatever flavor it was ocurring in at the moment. Looking back now, with the experience of being a mother and living through tired-cranky and hungry-cranky from the other side, they were right, of course. And I STILL get cranky when I'm tired and/or hungry, although now I can often acknowledge it to myself and others. :lol: Maybe I have grown up a bit in the last 4 decades.

I'm not grouchy now so I can give a friendly warning: never patronize a woman's anger by attributing it to hair color, hunger, PMS, etc. She may turn on you. :devil:

Sarah Rua (I've been told "rua" means red-haired in Irish Gaelic, though I have to accept that on faith as I don't know the language.)
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Hi Lesley and Ro! Was in Budleigh Salterton this afternoon and the sun came out! Here are some pics I took. Summer is a-comin'! :)

"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!