Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cork
antispam: No

Re: Devondancer update

Post by Cork »

Maybe this could be one of those not seeing the forest for the trees sort of situations. For instance, after all of what she's been through, it seems she'd be entitled to not appear as though she'd just returned from an around the world vacation. Yet, despite all of what she's been through, her spirit keeps bouncing back, alive and ready to go, and that seems to be the most important thing at this time. Otherwise, her physical recovery simply will take time, and these first days probably are the hardest.

Now, I assume you're eating and resting as you know you should, Ro, but, considering Lesley's new dietary restrictions, have you updated your recipes for soups and other tasty things for the two of you to eat? Or, could good food and good looks go hand in hand?

:-)
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

I wish I looked better! Luckily I haven't seen a mirror lately so haven't given myself too much of a shock, but poor Ro obviously gets one every time he sees me! I am really not too bad at all!

I hope tomorrow I will be released from things like drips and monitors and might be allowed outside, for a while, with Ro. Out of this awful room, I will look better and we will be able to be more "normal" with each other, on equal terms again. Mute, if I could share a skin with Ro it would be wonderful. I want him to see and feel the conviction I have that I will get through this, unlikely though it seems at times. I have no other way to share it with him, other than by telling him, and here my looks are obviously against me.

Ro, you saw what happened in Cambridge. Things have not changed, my love. You knew, then. This is just a hiccup on the way, a step towards a more comfortable future for me and many more years together. I just don't do surgery and drugs well! I need feeding, as Cork says, and you need to sleep and relax. All will be well, Ro. I intend to come home.

I love you too.
Lesley
Denny

Post by Denny »

:D atta girl!! :D
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

devondancer wrote:I wish I looked better! Luckily I haven't seen a mirror lately so haven't given myself too much of a shock, but poor Ro obviously gets one every time he sees me!
What nonsense! Cheer yourself up and put a life-size poster of Keith Richards up on your wall! :D
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

SteveShaw wrote:...Cheer yourself up and put a life-size poster of Keith Richards up on your wall! :D
That will certainly make you glow in comparison! :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

All is well with us. Lesley has convinced me of her eventual recovery so I am OK, and she has been given an "almost clear bill of health" by her consultants. I took her outside for a short while yesterday and will do it again today. She may be allowed home soon. :party: She always heals better at home.
Thank you.
Ro
Cork

Post by Cork »

devondancer wrote:All is well with us. Lesley has convinced me of her eventual recovery so I am OK, and she has been given an "almost clear bill of health" by her consultants.
:party:
devondancer wrote:I took her outside for a short while yesterday and will do it again today.
It seems Lesley really appreciates 1) being away from that hospital room, 2) being outdoors, and 3) your company, Ro.
devondancer wrote:She may be allowed home soon. :party: She always heals better at home.
Is your pantry sufficiently stocked? It appears that Lesley now has an appetite.

I'm very glad to hear that this likely will be the last surgery, and that it has gone well.

However, after all of this, I'm looking forward to my own boring, middle-aged life!

:-)
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Hi, Cork!

Middle aged, dull and boring sounds absolutely wonderful. I will be there!

They really are going to let me home soon! Probably because they can see that they have been starving me to death and don't want the responsibility! When Ro comes today we are going to visit the cafe in the entrance hall and I am going to eat some PROPER FOOD! I am HUNGRY!

Seriously, I am now improving by leaps and bounds and hope to be released by the end of the week. Physio and checkups will continue but that is no problem. My physiotherapist and I are now good friends and I shall enjoy seeing her again, and moaning at her for being too rough. Soon my arm will work and I shall be able to play again. Then I shall concentrate on my stupid legs, for I intend to dance.

Thank you, everyone, for being such great friends and such a support to us both. When I am awake in the night it is great to come here and "see" you all, even if I don't always have the energy to join you!

Lesley
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

When you're online and can't sleep, make an announcement that you're in the chat room - I'm sure loads of people will pile in to tell you jokes!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Aren't we just the mannerly bunch to be mocking a woman's beauty? At least no one compared you to Susan Boyle, the Scottish singer, although I am sure she'd share some pounds with you if asked.

You are hungry and you may get to go home soon. What nice words.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

It is good to be here to be mocked and it is good to have friends to do the mocking! I have never had any illusions about my "beauty!" Ro likes me, anyway!

Avanutria, I don't know how to do that! Otherwise I would!
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

devondancer wrote:It is good to be here to be mocked and it is good to have friends to do the mocking! I have never had any illusions about my "beauty!" Ro likes me, anyway!

Avanutria, I don't know how to do that! Otherwise I would!

Beauty doesn't have a thing in the world to do with what you look like...didn't you know that?

All the best,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

peeplj wrote: Beauty doesn't have a thing in the world to do with what you look like...didn't you know that?
Well said, old chap, well said. :)
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I always liked this saying, "Beauty is skin deep. Ugly is to the bone." Children can usually tell who is beautiful and who is just pretty.

You sound like you're doing well Lesley. Take her home Ro.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

peeplj wrote:...
Beauty doesn't have a thing in the world to do with what you look like...didn't you know that?

All the best,

--James
Amen!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com