Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
devondancer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Devondancer update

Post by devondancer »

I am still better at playing it than dancing it, Steve! One day .....

Thank you, Doc.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Anyone who wishes to acquire an instant superiority complex about their dancing just needs to watch me "dance" for about 30 seconds. I could make a three-legged carthorse look good on the dance floor. :(
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
ambaiste

Post by ambaiste »

Hi Lesley
Perhaps you could do like all the old ladies of Ireland do and sit on a chair and do all the dance steps to the music that way it won't matter if you lean a bit.
Take care
Dorothy
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

It would be a start, wouldn't it, if both legs would listen to the tune at the same time! Three-legged carthorses have nothing on me!

Just before anyone panics and thinks they haven't heard from us, we are going to stay with some friends tomorrow (Thursday). We don't quite know when we will back, except that we will definitely be home by Tue 19 May as my physio appointments restart then. Both the physiotherapist and my consultant are going to be away, so we thought we would go too! I have to see them both again today, and all being well we will then escape! We haven't been anywhere together that has not involved some emergency for over a year now, so it will be rather nice! And it is still by the sea, just further along the coast (Kent.)

We will say hello when we return!

Lesley
Cork

Post by Cork »

Best wishes to the both of you for a great getaway, and a great vacation, too!

You've easily earned it.

:-)
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

You live in Devon and you are going to Kent? There is something odd about that. Busman's holiday, maybe. Anyway, it's away from the domicile so it is a change.
Enjoy your holiday, Lesley, and Ro too!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

We are just travelling from the far west of Britain to the far east! Nothing odd in that!

It's really because we have friends there to stay with who will not (I hope) mind me not managing stairs well, walking sideways, whistling .....

Normally we would caravan in Scotland, walking and climbing, but I am not quite up to that yet!

Thanks, everyone: we will think of you!
tansy

Post by tansy »

stay close to the sea Lesley.
what whistles will you take?
tansy
shy the blond water
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

"Kent - the Far East of England". By gum, you could sell that to the Tourist Board. :)
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Ro & Lesley are just a little too boring. Maybe their just establishing an alibi. I think they're going on a crime spree in a different direction. I think we should cover for them. So what is it? Grifting? Bank Robbery? Swindles? Kidnapping?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Berti66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Berti66 »

just crossed my mind and thought it was a little bit suspicious, this silence......so they have gone for a little trip, good for them!
don't think it's odd to travel to kent, it's lovely at the sea, there.
don't go TOO close to the sea, lesley........ :) we'd like to see you back!

sounds like things are developing well on your side , makes me happy.
berti
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

We are home! We are well! It is nice to be back!
Ro and Lesley
Cork

Post by Cork »

Welcome back!

How did your trip go, and what did you do?
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

We stayed right on the seafront with an old school friend of Ro's, and his wife. Just cross the road and there's the beach! And jolly cold it was too! Howling east winds, straight from the Siberian steppes, torrential rain, occasional sun .... Good old British holiday weather!

There was one fairly warm day, when Ro and Ken were busy plumbing(!) and I took a whistle onto the beach for a while. Facing away from the wind - and the sea - I managed several hornpipes and sea songs before I froze, and Ro came to help me back over the pebbles! We had several walks, watched some birds - one of my hobbies which has been sadly neglected over the last year, visited some beautiful 12th century churches and had a good break. I nearly wore out the seat of my jeans going up and downstairs, as I still can't do that the right way up! Everything I wanted was always upstairs, and if I went up to do whatever it was up there, then my reading glasses were downstairs! I like our bungalow!

But Ro looks much less tired, having had a chance to relax with old friends and not be responsible for all the household tasks, for a change. He needed that. This year has been a steep learning curve for both of us, and a week free of responsibility for everything has been good. We had a good journey home yesterday and normal life resumes tomorrow, with physio, consultants etc all over again. My arm is much better and I can do all my exercises, play my guitar a little and whistle reasonably comfortably. It has made a great difference, having an arm that works again, and one that doesn't hurt!

Mute, we thought about bank robbery, kidnapping etc, as we had established such a good alibi, but in the end we decided to stay BORING. We enjoy it!

It is nice to see you all again.

Lesley
Cork

Post by Cork »

Great!

Yes, I suppose the colder weather in your area would come from the East. In eastern Siberia there's a city known as Yakutsk, and although it's about 500 km south of the Arctic Circle, it's known to have the coldest temperatures of any city in the northern hemisphere, where winters can get to -65 C and even colder than that. Brrr. There, and further to the north of there, the ground remains frozen all year. In fact, any larger buildings there have to be built on long pilings, deep into the ground, because if the ground thaws even slightly, buildings there could otherwise either sink into the ground, or even fall over! Oddly, though, the summer temperatures there can actually get rather hot, but then, their summers don't last long.

I'm sorry to hear of your continuing troubles with stairs, yet your upcoming physio sessions should help to improve that. They'll have you doing the impossible, soon! On the other hand, it's great to hear that your shoulder and arm are giving you less pain and trouble, and that you now have better access to guitar and whistle. That's a major improvement.

BTW, on reading your note, you sound better, too!