Chiff & Fipple Diet Club

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
rkottke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rkottke »

The following is a copy of a post I put on the South Beach
Forum. It is a recipe that some of you might like:

=============================================
Whole wheat Pizza Crust – Kitchen Aid version

Many thanks to ‘Beachy keen’ for the original recipe – bread machine version. This version is for a Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough hook.

I have just tried this recipe and made modification for the use of a dough hook. Also note that no sugar was added.

Heart Healthy Pizza made with homemade Whole Wheat Crust

Ingredients for the pizza crust:

2 1/4 cup 100% Whole Wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup gluten, wheat
1 pkt rapid rising yeast
1 tsp heat stable sugar substitute such as Splenda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 cup warm water

Directions:

Put all ingredients in the mixer bowl. With the dough hook, bring the dough together at slow speed. Once the dough is almost together, increase the speed to medium. Let the machine’s dough hook knead the dough for 4 to 5 minutes. Stop the mixer and remove the dough hook. Let dough rest in the bowl for 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

After the dough rested, spray the pizza pan with cooking pan. Turn the dough out on the out on pizza pan. Lightly oil your hands and spread the dough out.

Add sauce and toppings. Use vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, green pepper, black olives and/or lean Italian seasoned ground turkey. Sprinkle/cover with low fat cheeses.

To cook: Bake this heart healthy SBD friendly pizza at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Be careful to not overcook it.

Enjoy!
rkottke

Post by rkottke »

As a reward to myself for loosing 23 pounds in 5 weeks, I just sent 2 whistles off to Mack Hoover to be Whitecap'd. The whistles are a Generation C and a Generation F. I already have a Whitecap Generation D, the sweetest whistle I have!
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Colin and Brigitte brought me a mountain of european chocolate! I have eaten very little of it so far, but my freezer and refrigerator are very happy. Gee, I wonder why my weight loss is so slow.

:)
~JessieD
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I've found it easy to resist chocolate since I joined the gym. Instead of thinking "It's only 60 calories, that won't do any harm" I now think "Aaarrggh! Thats five whole minutes on the grape treader machine". :o
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

That's a good way to look at it. I remember that when I was working at my first and only job working for a company (just after college), I would think of money in terms of time. I would ask myself if some food item was worth a half hour of boring work. Boy am I glad to have a career that doesn't pay by the hour. I might have starved to death otherwise.

~JessieD
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Age - 49
Height 5'3"
Starting weight 160 lbs
Current weight 155 lbs
Desired weight 130 lbs (or less)

Weekly check in. Slow but sure, steadily downwards.
(BTW, my name is John)
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

JessieK wrote:Colin and Brigitte brought me a mountain of european chocolate! I have eaten very little of it so far, but my freezer and refrigerator are very happy.
I have read that storing chocolate in the fridge isn't the good idea . . . it tends to absorb odors. Yuck. I guess the freezer isn't too bad, as long as you don't pull it in and out continually. A cool, dry place will do just fine. And I know how you feel . . . two beautiful Toblorones sitting in the pantry. Evil!
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

mamakash wrote:
I have read that storing chocolate in the fridge isn't the good idea . . . it tends to absorb odors. Yuck. I guess the freezer isn't too bad, as long as you don't pull it in and out continually. A cool, dry place will do just fine. And I know how you feel . . . two beautiful Toblorones sitting in the pantry. Evil!
Freezing and refrigerating chocolate will make the cocoa butter separate out, giving your chocolate a white hazy coated look, and making it more crumbly. Of course, this also affects flavor. Chocolate can keep for several months to a year at room temperature when stored properly.

Chocolate storage tips:
http://www.kraftcanada.com/controller?c ... 0&ctx=4000
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I don't care how it looks. :)

Crumbly doesn't bother me.
~JessieD
rkottke

Super Success Story - Boasting time!!!

Post by rkottke »

I was on the South Beach Diet for almost 6 six weeks when I had blood taken for a cholesterol test I got back the results today .They are

Category........................In.May..In.September..Goal/Normal.Value
Total.Cholesterol...........209........164..................Less.than.200....WOW!
Triglycerides..................124........103..................Less.than.190....WOW!
HDL.(good.cholesterol)...49..........44..................35-70.(higher.the.better)
LDL.(bad.cholesterol)....135..........99..................Less.than.100.....WOW!
CHOL/HDL.Ratio...........4.3.........3.7..................Less.than.4.5

Also my blood pressure dropped from 146/80 to 124/70, I have lost over 20 pounds, and my type II diabetes is under contol by diet and exercise.

This is a diet I can live with, this is a diet I must live with!

This is a boast. I am not suggesting anyone start a diet like this without the advice of your Physician.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Boy, this is slow...probably because I don't exercise (except for lifting Joey a lot) and I take advantage of "net carbs" in the Atkins brand products (my mom brought over Atkins chocolate yesterday...the stuff is GREAT!).

I am down to about 153 (still just about the highest I ever was before I got pregnant (usually, I was between 130 and 140, but significantly lower sometimes and a bit higher sometimes, too, obviously), but 37 pounds less than I weighed at the end of my pregnancy (five months ago). I think I've been on a diet for about two and a half months and have lost only 14-15 pounds in that time (the rest came off easily, on its own. I want to lose another 15 or so pounds. Dan tells me I have all the time in the world, but I want to hurry up and lose it before I get pregnant again!

~JessieD
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

rkottke - the numbers look great. I have very similar numbers. My total is 160 and HDL is 42. Keep it up.

Jessie you are doing fine. Just hang in there it will come down.

I am down to 208/207. I have 2 weeks to get below 200. I just took my blood pressure and it was 110 /56 pulse rate 66. I went 3 weeks without being able to go to the gym. It was closed. I can really tell the difference. I dropped way back on my weight lifting maximums. I hope I am back on track. I was wearing very tight size 42 pants. Now I am wearing loose 36.

Best wishes for all

Ron
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Age - 49
Height 5'3"
Starting weight 160 lbs
Current weight 154 lbs
Desired weight 130 lbs (or less)

UK readers may spot that 154 lbs is 11 stone. With a bit of luck next week I'll only be ten stun summat. Whoop de do. :)

I've also noticed that even even though I've only lost 6 lbs since joining this thread, with all this exercise I'm getting bigger and smaller where I would like to be and looking and feeling a lot better than the figures might suggest.
(BTW, my name is John)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I was away this weekend for a craft show and we stayed at my mom's friend's house. I swear, I was looking for olive oil. I encountered a jar of Nutella. Resistance was futile. About 5 small spoonfuls in the course of a day put back on 3 pounds. I want to sue.

My husband tells me I am perfect. I continue to be pleased that he is blind.
~JessieD
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I thought I had another week to go. Now my wife tells me my doctors appointment is Wednesday morning. Is it possible to lose 8 pounds in 2 days without radical surgery? Still at 208/207 heading for 185 or less. The goal for Wednesday was below 200. He will just have to yell at me.

Ron