C&F Writing Competition. Can you freaking believe it?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:"Sniffing ping pong balls now, are you Nano, you vapid pedagogue," said Emmline assiduously collecting the errant orbs.

"Unless you'd care to elucidate a more trenchant solution," replied Nano, "sniffing will have to suffice."
But Nano themselves were lacking for trenchancy. He searched sedulously for their trencher instead, as he were feeling a mite peckish, and longed for marzipan. "What about Nettie, Bella and Reenie?", they whined. "You know, the Three Graces?" "More like the Three Grosses," muttered Emmline. "You don't want to hear about their hygeinic practices." Nano pondered this, wondering if he really wanted confections after all; it sounded as if INfections was more like it.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Yet carbon paper somehow lacked the elasticity, so spirit masters were used.

Edited for spelling.
Last edited by Walden on Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonable person
Walden
carrie

Post by carrie »

Nanohedron wrote: *please contribute your godawfulllest writing here*
Her hands were ripped raw from having all those lines pass through her, all those spaces; and they were pierced by commas and colons and commas and ampersands, and they were bleeding the bright red blood of the wafer-like sun and she tried to think of baseball or the writing competition but the weight of the paragraphs left her unable to think of anything. The situation had just worsened and worsened, getting no better, and in fact getting less good by a LOT. There it was STILL, all that work on her desk to be done. She had nightmares in which modules were hunting down units and gobbling them whole; and the modules were huge and hungry and were the hunting type modules, and the units were being hunted by them and getting gobbled in that gray streaky way that things happen in nightmares, and on it went in an endless cycle that seemed to go on forever in a quite unique way and she finally saw the lions playing on the beach and she was tired and it was good and she decided not to give anyone all that David Copperfield kind of crap but just to get on with making her garden grow in this best of all possible worlds.

*sigh* Back to work.

Carol
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

cskinner wrote:*sigh* Back to work.
I believe you have just described one of the Rings of Hell. As if you deserved it.
starman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by starman »

Is this thread still going???? :boggle:

Pardon me. I have to go smoke something.

Mike
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." --Albert Einstein
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

starman wrote:Is this thread still going???? :boggle:

Mike
Trust me, it won't help matters any. Unless you're planning to whip up an oeuvre to post for us (hint, hint). Who knows, could be the stuff of inspiration.
starman

Post by starman »

Nanohedron wrote:
starman wrote:Is this thread still going???? :boggle:

Mike
Trust me, it won't help matters any. Unless you're planning to whip up an oeuvre to post for us (hint, hint). Who knows, could be the stuff of inspiration.
Gazing into the fetid gloom beyond her windowsill Emmaline contemplated the enormity of having pung her last ball...

No, No!!! I can't go on.
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." --Albert Einstein
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Suddenly, a ping pong ball which was previously bouncing began to hang in the air in much the same way that bricks don't.

"That's odd", quoth all present.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

:lol:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Nano, being in one of those metro-moods again, juggled the ping pong balls that emmline had sent him. He hesitated, then placed the balls back in his pockets and slapped the magnets off the fridge as he fairly flew out the door in typical cyclone fashion.

He stopped, as he encountered the mirror at the bottom of the stairs. He turned his head slowly from one side to the other. ("What did Lorenzo mean with all that weather talk? He began analyzing the implications between the lines). Hmmmph! He rotated and glanced over his shoulder.

"Lordy, lord, lord, so help me...I am so METRO-." He grinned as he breezed past the windows to the vanity shops. He was going out for dinner, a little treat from Guido's Italian cuisine. And then...and then, well, he pulled out his pocket dictionary and arbitrarily place his finger on a word: "CrackBerry?" Oh my God! He was destined to do research on his sweazened shlong again!

He placed a ping pong ball between his index finger and thumb, both fingers wrapping all the way around. He cupped his hand. He cupped his other hand up under the other. Whamm...pop! The compressed air sent the ball pinging ten feet in the air. This was too cool. A sport only for refined English gentlemen.

"Ill have some tea first," he thought. "Man, I love living in Nanoville."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Lorenzo wrote:A sport only for refined English gentlemen.
Why, I oughtta.....
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Gadzooks. I think what we've got going here is a case of NANOPUBLISHING!. A new career for me, maybe?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Nanohedron wrote:I think what we've got going here is a case of NANOPUBLISHING!. A new career for me, maybe?
Yes, O multifaceted one.
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Walden wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Gadzooks. I think what we've got going here is a case of NANOPUBLISHING!. A new career for me, maybe?
Yes, O multifaceted one.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
emmline

Post by emmline »

With the swift grace befitting ones called Graces, Nettie, Bella, and Reenie glided into the scene, as if on gossamer, or, if not gossamer at least mosquito netting, wings, and proceeded to pummel the living daylights out of the door behind which still lurked the troll-like avariciousness of the judges.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEE!" they squealed in tones far less graceful than their other gracely attributes, which were too numerous to name and will, for that reason, be left to the readers fervent, or perhaps fetid, imagination.