The BEHEMOTH Everybody on the Forum is (or has) a Cutie-Pie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
klezmusic
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by klezmusic »

Wouldn't work - can't /shouldn't be policed here in the Whistle Forum. So many of our substantial threads evolve into spooty posts through no one specific person's fault. Anyway, some of the spooty posts are fun.

It kind of reminds me of the Talmudic process - they start out discussing the laws of fair measures and weights, then go off in four different crazy tangents and end up arguing about what the normal body temperature is for angels.
Wendina

--
B sharp, C?
klezmusic

Post by klezmusic »

oops sorry double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klezmusic on 2002-11-24 01:04 ]</font>
klezmusic

Post by klezmusic »

Correction -

oops, sorry, TRIPLE post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klezmusic on 2002-11-24 01:05 ]</font>
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

On 2002-11-24 00:37, TelegramSam wrote:
Well, one of the other boards I frequent ( http://www.buis2.net ) has a specific forum for arguments/flamewars/general spooty-ness called the "drama forum" that is completely unmoderated and nuts.

Maybe we need to make one here so the mods can just take all the spooty threads and move them over to it and out of the regular forum and let the spootyheads take their arguments "outside."
Ugh...no! Flame Rooms generally become highly unpleasant places where people go just because they love being nasty. I've seen so many forum operators add Flame Rooms, only to see all of them degenerate into totally toxic places. I've seen a few spats here, but nothing like the vicious, no-holds-barred fights on the so-called "peaceful" vegetarian boards!

Redwolf
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Being a vegetarian doesn't make you necessarily peaceful, which confirms a basic zoological observation.
Beside, grazing on sorrel can make one a sour-pie :razz:

"Whistling develops lungs"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubivka on 2002-11-24 04:25 ]</font>

Post by Guest »

[quote]
On 2002-11-24 04:24, Zubivka wrote:
:razz:

"Whistling develops lungs"

And Lungs is what makes, the WORLD go round, the world go round.
Stace

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wizzy on 2002-11-24 05:51 ]</font>
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Walden is a cutie pie!

Braces and a necktie. Wow!

Actually, he looks kind of like a young Dale Wisely, don't you think?

edited to show photos for comparitive purposes, and because I just love that photo of Dale and Sarah (his daughter, you skunks!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jim_mc on 2002-11-24 05:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim_Mc on 2002-11-24 06:21 ]</font>
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I still prefer the conehead version of Dale & Sarah.

Wonder if I kept a copy?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

People, please! THAT was not a flame war!!!
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

On 2002-11-24 04:24, Zubivka wrote:
Being a vegetarian doesn't make you necessarily peaceful, which confirms a basic zoological observation.
Beside, grazing on sorrel can make one a sour-pie :razz:

Well, I know that, and you know that, but to hear some of the other veggies I know talk, you'd think the world would immediately become a peaceful, perfect place if everyone just stopped eating animals (usually said just before they start calling you filthy names because you've disagreed with them about something, or because you belong to the "wrong" religious or political group). "Peaceful" in my post was meant sarcastically...some of the nastiest flame wars I've ever seen were on vegetarian boards.

"Whistling develops lungs" LOL! GMTA! My daughter came up to me the other day with this huge balloon and said "you've been whistling so much lately, I'm sure your lung capacity is better than mine...would you blow this up?"

Redwolf

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubivka on 2002-11-24 04:25 ]</font>
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

On 2002-11-24 09:55, JessieK wrote:
People, please! THAT was not a flame war!!!
You're right, it wasn't, and I don't think anyone called it that. No wild accusations, no name-calling. The writer was instead referring to behavior at another site. I think "spat" was the word used about the disagreement in this thread. :smile:

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
mvhplank

Post by mvhplank »

On 2002-11-24 05:53, jim_mc wrote:
Walden is a cutie pie!

Braces and a necktie. Wow!

Actually, he looks kind of like a young Dale Wisely, don't you think?
Do you think, maybe, Walden really is the Clark Kent alter ego of Superwebster Dale Wisely, quietly leading people to enlightment on the path of WhOA?

They're both cutie-pies. :smile:

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
klezmusic

Post by klezmusic »

On 2002-11-24 10:53, mvhplank wrote:

Do you think, maybe, Walden really is the Clark Kent alter ego of Superwebster Dale Wisely, quietly leading people to enlightment on the path of WhOA?

They're both cutie-pies. :smile:

M

Oh, my, my... Marguerite, I think you're onto something. The resemblance is NOT casual, and the Walden photo does rather look as if it might have been taken many years ago.

It WOULD make sense, would it not, for Dale to post occasionally under an alias. . .

Edit - Oh, well, there goes that fantasy - I just checked out Walden's web page, and it seems highly unlikely that he is Dale's altar ego (P.I.). But I still say the similarities are uncanny. Dale, any magpies in the family nest? :grin:

--
B sharp, C?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: klezmusic on 2002-11-24 11:34 ]</font>
amar

Post by amar »

ehhhhmmm....JESUS!! What's going on here?? Christ, I was gone for twe days (two sessions in the meantime!), I come back, and now I see MY NAME in so many posts, saying I'm flirtatious (spelling?), cutie-pie, Jayses, what-have-you. I'm not used to this kind of....emmm, attention..!
But it's kinda kewl...
:wink:
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

On 2002-11-24 16:48, amar wrote:
ehhhhmmm....JESUS!! What's going on here?? Christ, I was gone for twe days (two sessions in the meantime!), I come back, and now I see MY NAME in so many posts, saying I'm flirtatious (spelling?), cutie-pie, Jayses, what-have-you. I'm not used to this kind of....emmm, attention..!
But it's kinda kewl...
:wink:
Switch to decaf, pal.