June McCormack, flute player

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
brotherwind

Re: June McCormack, flute player

Post by brotherwind »

Steampacket wrote:Jem I think you have made a fine documentary about a fine craftsman/flute maker. Pat's nationality is irrelevant, and he isn't exactly flooding the market. Pat's flutes sell, as do flutes by other flute makers, Hamilton, Doyle, Cotter etc., because they are good instruments.

I find the clips with Harry and June very inspiring, their different styles. Harry hardly moves his fingers, very minimalistic, both have great flow. June telling of her family selling a bank of turf in order to raise the money for her flute. Any other clips you choose to put up will be a welcome addition to the documentation of Irish traditional flute playing. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Well said, steampaccket!

Great job, Jem. Please do share more vids.

Best, Moritz
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

On a side note, it looked to me when I checked in earlier that the troll's posts had been removed. If so, good job. :thumbsup: Hell, good job anyway. :)
endaman
Tell us something.: I play flute, I am form county galway, I have played in a few different bands over the years. I like the old style flute playing and look forward to improving my stype and technique.

Post by endaman »

Hi everyone. My name is enda and this is my first post.

It is a question. Can anyone put a name of the first tune June plays? I think the Humours of Loughrea is the second tune.

There, another what's the name of that tune type of question.

Thanks. BTW, great forum, and lovely content.

Enda
dcopley

Post by dcopley »

endaman wrote:Can anyone put a name of the first tune June plays? I think the Humours of Loughrea is the second tune.
Enda
The Limestone Rock.
Dave Copley
Loveland, Ohio
www.copleyflutes.com
TWO TOOTS

Post by TWO TOOTS »

What a variety of great players Jem has graciously introduced to us. For me this lady's playing has it all. So Soulful. Truly Wonderful. Thank you! :)