Demented Arby's Commercial?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

djm wrote:Can I get a theme song from Petticoat Junction, anyone? :D

djm
Why sure 'nuff-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-eKYCXgC0I
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Wow, three pages in three days. :lol:

I thought the commercial was funny, but I had wondered what others thought.

BTW - Is there anything that is not on Youtube?
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
djm

Post by djm »

Me.

(though they've tried, how they've tried)

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Seamus OGeary

Arby's

Post by Seamus OGeary »

This commercial is offensive.

Why are they still running that racist dancing chip commercial ! It is highly offensive to the Irish American people of this country! They need to remove it from the air. It is wrong to compare any race of people to chimps what is this 1907 or 2007. I used to like Arby's. Whats next, chimps dancing to rap music for you new BBQ Rib sandwich ? Maybe chimps doing the Mexican Hat dance for the new Carneaseda sandwich ? No, I know, Chimps in double breasted suits and silk ties and a Godfather Chimp for the new meatball sandwich.

It wasn't that long ago that the Irish had been viewed as being closer to monkey's then to humans; they were called a "simian race" or a "simian people." Through out recent history cartoonists would portray the Irish as having "monkey features." At one time they were thought to be "hairless monkey's." Not too long ago in our history there were signs on business saying "help wanted, Irish need not apply." While the Irish, as a group, have made some fantastic strides in overcoming such ignorance.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Re: Arby's

Post by Flyingcursor »

Seamus OGeary wrote:This commercial is offensive.

Why are they still running that racist dancing chip commercial ! It is highly offensive to the Irish American people of this country! They need to remove it from the air. It is wrong to compare any race of people to chimps what is this 1907 or 2007. I used to like Arby's. Whats next, chimps dancing to rap music for you new BBQ Rib sandwich ? Maybe chimps doing the Mexican Hat dance for the new Carneaseda sandwich ? No, I know, Chimps in double breasted suits and silk ties and a Godfather Chimp for the new meatball sandwich.

It wasn't that long ago that the Irish had been viewed as being closer to monkey's then to humans; they were called a "simian race" or a "simian people." Through out recent history cartoonists would portray the Irish as having "monkey features." At one time they were thought to be "hairless monkey's." Not too long ago in our history there were signs on business saying "help wanted, Irish need not apply." While the Irish, as a group, have made some fantastic strides in overcoming such ignorance.

Yawn.....

So who is this? Dale somebody's created a duplicate account.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Walden wrote:
cowtime wrote: When you are kin to everyone you know, there's not much choice.
One reason I'm still single.
"When you get the urge to go sparkin', don't go up the creek. Don't go down the creek. Go over the mountain."

--a social worker in the southern Appalacians, early 1900's
on an excellent music history website I read then promptly lost
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Seamus OGeary

Post by Seamus OGeary »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Seamus OGeary wrote:This commercial is offensive.

Yawn.....

So who is this? Dale somebody's created a duplicate account.
Who are you ? Wake Up !
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Seamus OGeary wrote:Who are you ?
I'm Batman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9G18qHP ... ed&search=
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

I think I'm going to have nightmares, now. Eek!
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

the Monster.com commercials where the guy works with an office full of chimps is good though.
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

I expected that to be a DirectTV ad where the actor breaks out of character to explain the virtues of DirectTV.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx