Pipers on Sound Cloud

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
PhilD
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Pipers on Sound Cloud

Post by PhilD »

Tom_S wrote:
ennischanter wrote:I played classical violin for about 5 years, and then I felt I disliked it, so I quit and never looked back. I have played the highland pipes, I still do, but look to move forward with the Uilleann pipes.
Okay.. I feel slightly less inclined to slit my wrists now! After learning for a year myself, I was gonna pack it in when I heard you! :lol: Sounding great for 8 months in!
Ha! I hear you, but don't give up.
Wish I had access to some of that free time I had as an 18 year old, now though, sure would be useful for practicing.
ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

Guess who I found? :D

Whoops! It was already posted! But it still sounds nice!
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.
ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

Guess who I found? :D

Whoops! It was already posted! But it still sounds nice!

Who Made his C set?
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Pyroh

Post by Pyroh »

I started a profile there as well (nothing professional, just for fun and talking to people)... https://soundcloud.com/jakub-tomek-2.
buskerSean
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

Playlist updates with some talented Argentinian folk & London based Rick Lines http://soundcloud.com/uilleannsean/sets/pipes/s-tRgel
ennischanter

Post by ennischanter »

KEWL!

buskerSean
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

And D Bentleys uilleann playlist http://soundcloud.com/daniel-f-bentley/ ... eann-tunes
Gr8 piping!
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

From the description of Ronans C:

"The old brass Denis Harrington pipes playing in C. Drones reeded but not regs yet.
Chanter is my C from Peter Hunter (early 80s) – full of attitude and spark!
New hollow stock from Bill Haneman with extremely thin walls allowing the bees to escape beautifully.
YAY...!!!"
ennischanter

Post by ennischanter »

dunnp wrote:From the description of Ronans C:

"The old brass Denis Harrington pipes playing in C. Drones reeded but not regs yet.
Chanter is my C from Peter Hunter (early 80s) – full of attitude and spark!
New hollow stock from Bill Haneman with extremely thin walls allowing the bees to escape beautifully.
YAY...!!!"

Awesome!

rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Funny how a experienced piper like Ronan would fall for that old chestnut.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
ennischanter

Post by ennischanter »

rorybbellows wrote:
Funny how a experienced piper like Ronan would fall for that old chestnut.

RORY
HEY HEY HEey! :( We're all friends here right? No need to resort to violence! lol