The BEHEMOTH Everybody on the Forum is (or has) a Cutie-Pie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

Amar, I sure shall early nächst spring!

You got mich all mixed up, as if Ich had no spelling problems befur !
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I cant snap out of it. Everytime I look for cutie-pie pix, I see some teutonic verbiage.....

Ich bein un cutie-pie-ner or something like that...

Geez, Amar, are you gonna let on that Basel Switzerland is land of Early Music types, including many RECORDER players?? Cop to it, pal! Now, is that so cutie-pie??? Well, I guess recorders are sort of....well...tooty-pie or something.

In fact, I wonder if yer, like, the only whistler there! The rest of em are either in Baroque drag or yodeling somewhere out in the hills in lederhosen.....

Though not true, a fanciful mental picture brot to you by yer daily Weekender.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

well I'm sufficiently scared now.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

:wink: Dude, recorders are for lamers...(blümfeld...?)
The whistle community in Basel def isn't the largest, but I'm part of it, AND me don'ts even owns one of thems recorders!
amar

Post by amar »

Whatcha scared of, Reb?
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Weekender, you got me laughing to tears :lol: :lol:

However you're ethnologikally ganz wrong ; one doesn't yodel with dem blockflutes. Real mountaineers yodel only termite-less tibetan didgeridoo.
Which anyweg doesn't apply to Basel which is sorta the drain flush of them mountains :wink:
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-11-25 18:13, amar wrote:
:wink: Dude, recorders are for lamers...(blümfeld...?)
You're on really thin ice here, Amar: better watch your step. :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloomfield on 2002-11-25 18:42 ]</font>
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I figured it out, I'm a graham cracker with a chocolate bar and marshmellow. Whaddya call that? Beats being South Dakota Cracker!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, as our new Berkeley person can attest, we got quite a few of those Early Music types who migrate between Basel, here and New England, amusing the folk with male sopranos, weird shaped instruments (see Serpant thread) authentically researched out of tune clavichords and other costumed fun.

Amar, you covering for them or somethin? What about Brueggen and them? They're not in Basel anymore?? Maybe it was only summer school....

Naw, I knew that those yodelers and those horn guys were a different thing...hey I gotta Ricola right here at Weekender 'work" central.. But whistles would carry pretty good too! Ah, a home for my Chieftains A!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Weekenders on 2002-11-25 18:44 ]</font>
Berkeley

Post by Berkeley »

Early music types??? Never thought we had a name...
I always referred to the others as Mundanes, migrating or not...
amar

Post by amar »

have a good evening guys, it's 1a.m. here, time to dream of lowDs.
amar

Post by amar »

schlaf gut, Blümfeld.
:wink:
tin tin
Tell us something.: To paraphrase Mark Twain, a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the spoons and doesn't. I'm doing my best to be a gentleman.

Post by tin tin »

Amar und Zubivka,
(Erschtens han'i kai Umlauts ou accents...)
Leider chan ich noed so guet Zueri-duetsch schriiba, aber ich chan's guet redae (ich ha zah Jahr lang im Zueri Oberland gwont).
Et Zub, j'adore la Bretagne...j'y vais etre en ete 2003, je crois. Peut-etre tu peux me dire comment le Festival Interceltique de Lorrient est?
Villicht bruuchet mer en neue Schwiizer-duetsch Forum...mer choend de Dale froega...
Micah
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I can type the ü too!!!

*feels stupid for only knowing 1 boring language*

Well, I *tried* to learn french in high school, I just don't remember any of it. :sad:
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Micah,
Congrats for your Zueri-Duetsch ! Swiss-German forum ? Nah, start small, like with numbered ÜSGOTT threads...

You win to be vice-Rösti-pie just behind Amar (he' s asleep he-he :razz: ). Note he's also being second haggis-pie on Board, but you break even by entitling to be called horrorific chitterling-pie, which believe me is a pretty honorrendous causa cutesy.

Lorient festival is OK, quite varied. Expensive, however, having to pay for every concert. The O'Stravaganza stuff this year was quite a discovery if not 100% kosher trad' :wink:.

I'm 100 km south of Lorient. Our local Irish festival will be around June 10 th '03. It's nothing comparable in size, but it's homely, lively and free.

Make sure to plan and see the other Brittany summer festivals, like tall-boats gatherings (Douarnenez first comes to mind ) ; there's always good Breton or Irish music around.
Let me know when you've got your dates scheduled.

PS : TelegramSam: come learn! We'll find you cutie-pie teachers, nothing boring :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubivka on 2002-11-25 19:42 ]</font>