C.P. Now Available - Simple PVC Piccolos

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
piperman07
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: C.P. Now Available - Simple PVC Piccolos

Post by piperman07 »

Those are great clips. Awesome playing Michael.
I see what you mean Jem, to be able to play like that and it is "rough".
I can't even think of playing like that right now.

Cheers,
Steve
...... I got nothin'....
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

OK, Jem, I know that Michael's clips were, well, "pretty good", but that is no reason for not posting the clip that I sent you of "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling". All I ask is for a little fairness here.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sillydill »

Hey Doug,

You're going about this all wrong!

Jem, Send more piccolos or I will post a demo of myself playing your piccolo! :twisted:

Seriously, very well done Jem! Your piccolos are far greater than a humble piece of conduit has a right to be! :thumbsup:
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

The tunes on the first clip from Michael C above are the London Lasses and the Dublin Reel. I'm just going to listen to the other clip now.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

... no, the second clip tune names escape me ...
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

OK, folks, you probably didn't want to hear it from me, too, but these piccolos are amazing things.

I just got mine today, attractive, well-finished, quite clever construction, with a comfortable lip plate, etc. Immediately playable with my whistle fingering, and it really forces your embouchure into shape to get good tone ('cause you don't want to shriek now, do you?).

It's nice and small, so I can practice my (flute) embouchure in the car, not just whistle.

[edit] Oooh, and it fits right in my Burke D pouch for protection.[/edit]

Great job, Jem!

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

New: Michael Clarkson has now posted a video clip on one of these on his Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 055&ref=mf - fantastic playing!

Stock available now!!! (I can't supply the player/playing ability, alas ;-))
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

jemtheflute wrote:New: Michael Clarkson has now posted a video clip on one of these on his Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 055&ref=mf - fantastic playing!

Stock available now!!! (I can't supply the player/playing ability, alas ;-))
This is what I get, unfortunately.
"This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."
Maybe he'll put it on youtube.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Sorry for the frustration, Thomaston - I can only link what's there to be linked, and I have no idea what privacy settings MC has on his FB postings.... The video is certainly there and has not been removed as I write, so it must be an access permissions issue.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

jemtheflute wrote:Sorry for the frustration, Thomaston - I can only link what's there to be linked, and I have no idea what privacy settings MC has on his FB postings.... The video is certainly there and has not been removed as I write, so it must be an access permissions issue.
No worries! It's probably just visible to people on his friend's list.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Well, assuming you are an FB member, you can always send him a friend-request - a covering message that you'd like to see the clip ought to do the trick!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I was able to listen without any problems...not sure if he's on my friend list, though, but many chiffers are.

Nice playing.

They are easy to lose (not FB, I mean the piccs) - found my 5 month old kitten batting mine across the livingroom hardwood floors. Apparently, she learned to get up on my dresser, so now I'll have to find a new home for the whistles and the piccolo since they're all perfectly designed to bat around if you're into that kind of thing.

Eric
bramble

Post by bramble »

Hey Jem and all

My Piccolo arrived this morning, less than 18 hours after ordering. Fab service.

The Piccolo is really well made, absolutely gorgeous finish, real attention to detail (well this is Jem we're talking about so of course!) and the intonation throughout the 2 octaves is lovely. I did get up to top G but my cat is displeased with that - he still has a startled bunny look .... :shock:

I'm taking the piccolo down to my local primary school tomorrow to do a session around whistles and flutes. Hopefully some will be inspired to have a go. Who knows, we might have a piccolo band ready for summer term.

Thanks again Jem for this lovely little gem.

:D
mrcharly

Post by mrcharly »

Got home to a nice surprise, a piccolo from Jem. Quick service there!

Have only had 5 minutes to have a go and I'm impressed with the lovely tone (well, impressed I can make any sound with it, and it sounds sweet).

It's finished well, the ends particularly nicely smooth and rounded. I need to make a case for it now, so I can pop it in a bike saddlebag. A matching suitably-sized piece of plumbing pipe, probably.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Jem, well done! This piccolo plays as well as any I've ever played. Seriously. Excellent tone and tuning, beautiful finish, unbelievable price. I just played a few tunes for my 3-month-old baby and he smiled the whole time. Lovely job.
~JessieD