New Maker: Timothy J. Potter Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Nate
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: New Maker: Timothy J. Potter Whistles

Post by Mr.Nate »

Just received my Potter whistle in the mail today. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. My initial impressions are that it is easy to handle, plays in tune and has a clear, articulate tone. The volume is moderate and well balance. Like others have mentioned the mouthpiece is square and not very ergonomic. Overall I am quite impressed and I think it is a great value for the money. Highly recommended!

Cheers,
Nate
Whistling in the Rockies!!
Mr.Gumby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Having played the Potter for a bit longer I can say that the square mouthpiece is something I don't notice anymore. The whistle is still sitting in the mug on the table with the go-to whistles. The slightly dull sound I mentioned is partly caused by moisture building up inside the head, it never clogs the whistle but it does dull the sound after a while. The whistle handles lovely and as responsive as anyone could wish for. The volume and the balance are top notch. While it may not be my ideal whistle (but then, what is?), several aspects are close enough.
My brain hurts

BrianG

Post by BrianG »

Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

I went to the Potter website tonight to try to purchase a whistle as a gift for someone who was interested in them, and the website was down. I found the email address I used to correspond with Timothy in my email, and I when I sent a message I received an automated response saying it could not be delivered. I've also noticed he has not listed on eBay for awhile now. Any word on what's going on with that, or any other means of contacting him?

I was not only interested in buying the D, but also in checking in to see how his plans to move into other keys were coming along. Would really be a shame if these were no longer available.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

There was a thread about this a while back, I see here : whistlemaker update
My brain hurts

Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

Mr.Gumby wrote:There was a thread about this a while back, I see here : whistlemaker update
That's quite a relief, thanks!