Your official "Celtic Woman" gripe site

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
SteveShaw
antispam: No
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Re: Your official "Celtic Woman" gripe site

Post by SteveShaw »

chrisoff wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:I been leaving the unwelcome one-eyed cousin in the corner on too much.
For a horrible moment I thought that was a euphemism for something and was wondering where the rest of your post was heading...
I'm assuming that the words "snake" and "trouser" danced subliminally before you as you read the post. Might have been more fun than the way it's turned out... :wink:
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:And, by the way, I've never watched Sex and the City. That was, like, just a misdirection. :wink:
And a good misdirection it was, too. I mean, it's just so plausible.
It was a gamble, although not much of one. I figured it was right up there with speculative programs on Nostradamus or "reality" shows like Bridezillas.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. I meant that you watching Sex and the City was plausible. That's why it was a good misdirection :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

gonzo914 wrote:For those who want to actually see and hear Celtic Woman before passing judgment (what a novel concept) but who don't want to miss Disparate Housewives (sic), the Celtic Woman websitehas a page with some short clips.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREAKING PINK FLOYD RIP OFFS NOW!!! What's with the round screen in the background?!! That tears it. Sid B's got to come back from the grave and kick all their arsses now!

Celtic (and now British) rip offs!

The originals and STILL the best!

If I've gotta watch any more plastic shamrock stuff come down the pipeline labeled as "celtic", all I can say is it DAMN well better be populated with several thousand of these:
Since I'm supposed to lust after these women - or at least that's the thrust put forth with this and all other celtic tiger type tripe, then I at least want to pick what they wear. If it's gonna be scanty, my vote is this. It's at least *SLIGHTLY* celtic. I mean, it's green and all that. Plus her hat tells me I'd get lucky with her. Shamrocks never lie. :lol:
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Green hot pants. Yeah..
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

The Weekenders wrote:Green hot pants. Yeah..
http://www.greenknickers.org/Private/GK ... ailEO.html
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

missy wrote: Tom has a pony tail. His hair is about the same length as mine. He stopped getting it cut about the same time he retired and threw all his ties and such away.
No pony here. :D

(Gonzo can attest to the fact that I have the Christy Moore look down pat.) :P

Brian Lee wrote: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREAKING PINK FLOYD RIP OFFS NOW!!! What's with the round screen in the background?!! That tears it. Sid B's got to come back from the grave and kick all their arsses now!
:lol: :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

BrassBlower wrote:
missy wrote: Tom has a pony tail. His hair is about the same length as mine. He stopped getting it cut about the same time he retired and threw all his ties and such away.
No pony here. :D

(Gonzo can attest to the fact that I have the Christy Moore look down pat.) :P

Brian Lee wrote: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
Nyuk. Hey, the Christy Moore ain't a bad look. Do check out the vested ones on the teevee though. We can all dream we'll look like those lads and get the chixx.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote:Do check out the vested ones on the teevee though. We can all dream we'll look like those lads and get the chixx.
Meh... those girls all come in a pink box from Wal-Mart that says "Mattel" on it.
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, of course I was joking. Just add the vested lads to the long list of the kind of guy who got the chix I never was nor will be while I did the wall-flower-best friend thing. As it turned out with the other Weekender, I did just fine; but it wasn't by the ponytail-black vest-pickup truck with dogs-captain of the football team- dreamy stare-Fabio-lookin' or any other number of permutations of hunkitude. I flunked hunk.
djm

Post by djm »

Brian Lee wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING PINK FLOYD RIP OFFS NOW!!! What's with the round screen in the background?!!
They're actually not that bad: a bunch of Aussies who played at David Gilmour's birthday party. The round screen in back looks familiar because it (along with most of the stage and crew) are the originals from PF's last tour. I think that gives you an idea of how well accepted these guys are by the originals.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

djm wrote:
Brian Lee wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING PINK FLOYD RIP OFFS NOW!!! What's with the round screen in the background?!!
They're actually not that bad: a bunch of Aussies who played at David Gilmour's birthday party. The round screen in back looks familiar because it (along with most of the stage and crew) are the originals from PF's last tour. I think that gives you an idea of how well accepted these guys are by the originals.

djm
If you mean The Aussie Pink Floyd Show you would be correct in stating they're not bad - in fact, having just seen their show a month back here I would say they're pretty darn good. But they're playing songs of a different genre entirely. As for the screen, the Aussies do not use the same as Floyd did on their 1994 PULSE tour - theirs is smaller. Same with their mirror ball used during Comfortably Numb. Yet it was still a great show. As for this "celtic" production using a similar screen, it's just wrong! There should be laws!

Oh yes, and their (Aussie Floyd's) vocalist could spank any one of these 'celtic' tarts with her 'Great Gig in the Sky'! :P I bet the fiddler could really twitch if they got her with one of those copper vapor lasers used in the Floyd show too! Mwaaa haaa haaa haaa (My best Dr. Evil laugh)
djm

Post by djm »

A spanking! A spanking! :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Brian Lee wrote:Since I'm supposed to lust after these women - or at least that's the thrust put forth with this and all other celtic tiger type tripe, then I at least want to pick what they wear. If it's gonna be scanty, my vote is this. It's at least *SLIGHTLY* celtic. I mean, it's green and all that. Plus her hat tells me I'd get lucky with her. Shamrocks never lie. :lol:
Are you a basketball fan?
Imagehttp://www.nba.com/celtics/dancers/
Last edited by dwinterfield on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Gonzo would like to stress emphatically that he did not write that which is attributed to him in the above post, and he would also request that dwinterfield fix it post-haste.

Gonzo can get into trouble enough on his own without help from you guys.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

HEY! Yet another rip off! Those were Flatley's dancers for his 'Lord of the Prance' and 'Toe Jams of Fire' tours. I know too that many of them were then also used (granted most held at gunpoint) in his smash follow up 'Celtic Liar'. Sadly, there was an unfortunate accident during the finale performance. Reportedly he had been warned about the dangers of dressing like a Mexi/Celt wrestler on stage countless times before.
And even though he couldn't see well through his mask he went on to perform anyway. Sadly, he ended up at the wrong place on stage, and the intense lights reflected off his holographicly taped whistle/flute Image
and focused onto his freshly Armor All-ed pants.
The ensuing inferno
Image injured most of the first three rows. I understand that some of the surviving dancers went on to play music instead for this 'Celtic Puberty' show. Now I can't quite place it, but I wouldn't be supprised if a couple of them donned those black vests and a drum too. I know they sorta *look* like guys in the video....but they sure seem effeminate... I want to believe, I really do. :P

P.S. I would also like to catagorically state, that SO FAR AS I KNOW, Gonzo had nothing to do with the above mentioned dancers in any way. SO FAR AS I KNOW. :wink: