$5400 Raffle - What a great community! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Duffy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Duffy »

glauber wrote::boggle:

This sucks severely. I think Jessie and Talbert should compare lists and out the people who are abusing the honor system.

g :evil:
Publish their names!
Talbert St. Claire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

post names?

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Hi Duffy,

Thanks for your concerns! Myself and Jesse are in the process of taking care of situation. Remember:This is a happy occasion! The last thing we want to do is discourage people from purchasing more tickets to assist Jerry. Posting there names would only add to the situation. I understand your feelings are very very sincere. We appreciate it. We all must remain positive to keep things flowing "smoothly"!!! So far, many have responded.

Jesse and myself really appreciate your time and effort in making this a HAPPY EVENT!

Only 60-cd's to go!! Please keep the email flowing!

P.S. Everytime I see that long whistle list my eyes go :boggle: What a joy it is to see so many donations!-Talbert
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

CHANGE IN PROTOCOL: The honor system isn't working. So here's what we'll do. I send out a confirmation e-mail to anyone who purchases a ticket. After purchasing a ticket, you must forward my confirmation e-mail to Talbert when you request a free CD.
~JessieD
colomon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

JessieK wrote:Ok, people. The honor system is worrying me. I have received payment from 54 people. About 15 additional people have e-mailed for my address. Talbert says 90 CDs have been claimed. I am not happy about this. Please be honest.
Are you remembering to count payments recieved at your parents' address?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

colomon wrote:Are you remembering to count payments recieved at your parents' address?
Yes, of course I am. I may have pregnancy brain, but I am not total mush. :wink:
~JessieD
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Some people who have made donations are uneasy about the idea of saving some for after the raffle, and I respect that, so in an effort to raise more money for Jerry, people are invited to designate their donations as raffle or post-raffle contributions. Please feel free to donate instruments or money for use after the raffle.

And: I am not saving full names or mailing addresses of people who buy tickets (there are too many), just e-mail addresses. If you have a SPAM filter, please configure it to accept mail from my e-mail address.
~JessieD
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

JessieK wrote:CHANGE IN PROTOCOL: The honor system isn't working. So here's what we'll do. I send out a confirmation e-mail to anyone who purchases a ticket. After purchasing a ticket, you must forward my confirmation e-mail to Talbert when you request a free CD.
Jessie/Talbert:

Does this include those of us who've already sent our paypal to Talbert?
Talbert St. Claire

New Protocol!

Hello Wanderer,

Thanks for the question. We decided that those who have purchased raffle tickets some days ago, since the cd has "already" been sent to them it cannot apply to this group of people. Why? Because it's after the fact.

However, for those who are at this time in the raffle now purchasing tickets (as of today) must apply the protocol in all "fairness" so that things run smoothly. We want Jerry to have as MUCH funds as possible to assist his family.

It's really great because i'v been receiving emails from people verifying there transaction through Jesse.

We appreciate all your support and thank you kindly!!!

Please keep the support for Jerry coming!
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
starman

Post by starman »

Hi Folks,

Does anyone here know how long it takes Paypal to get money to the desired destination after you have requested the transfer of funds? I unfortunately am flat broke until April 14th and am wondering about getting into the raffle in time if I don't send the money until then.
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." --Albert Einstein
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

starman wrote:Hi Folks,

Does anyone here know how long it takes Paypal to get money to the desired destination after you have requested the transfer of funds? I unfortunately am flat broke until April 14th and am wondering about getting into the raffle in time if I don't send the money until then.
About an hour.

PS: I LOVE your signature. Any reading from this Thoreau geezer you'd reccomend?
glauber

Post by glauber »

Zubivka wrote:PS: I LOVE your signature. Any reading from this Thoreau geezer you'd reccomend?
Are you kidding? "Walden", and "Civil Disobedience". You'll love both.

They're available for free through Project Guttemberg (that's where i got them).
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Talbert St. Claire

cd!

Hi Starman,

Thank You for your interest and wanting to be a part of this "Happy Occasion!" Your situation is understandable. Jesse and myself do not want you to miss out!! At the "rate" things are going the cd's will all be spoken for perhaps well before April 15th. Pls check your PM! -Talbert

P.S. i'll speak with Jesse.
Talbert St. Claire

cd!

Hi Starman,

Thank You for your interest and wanting to be a part of this "Happy Occasion!" Your situation is understandable. Jesse and myself do not want you to miss out!! At the "rate" things are going the cd's will all be spoken for perhaps well before April 15th. Pls check your PM! -Talbert

P.S. I'll speak with Jesse.-Thank You.
starman

Re: cd!

Post by starman »

talbert st.claire wrote:Hi Starman,

P.S. i'll speak with Jesse.

It's OK. The important thing is to contribute.

Mike (alias Starman)
starman

Post by starman »

glauber wrote:
Zubivka wrote:PS: I LOVE your signature. Any reading from this Thoreau geezer you'd reccomend?
Are you kidding? "Walden", and "Civil Disobedience". You'll love both.

They're available for free through Project Guttemberg (that's where i got them).

I believe I also have a copy of "Cape Cod" and Thoreau's "Journals' but "Walden" is definitely the one to start with.

Mike (alias Starman)