US Irish whistle festival! We want your ideas!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cayden
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Re: US Irish whistle festival! We want your ideas!

Post by Cayden »

Ubizmo,

Maybe if they called it an O'Carina ? Naaa... :lol:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
German Whistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by German Whistler »

O'Mulriain wrote:I've finished detailing the sample word, some sloppy parts but looks pretty good. It's the first artwork I've done in probably half a decade. :P
"IMAGE" (see original post)
I suppose sometime I'll work on the words "fipple" and "fest", and "whistle" too.
That is really beautifull, very cool and well done O´Mulriain
Andreas Fischer the "German Whistler"
PLay Whistles since May 2012

* My Whistles and other Instruments
* My WeBlog
Recommendation:
* My (Your) Music Community
A monthly Learn and Compare Challenge and more!
Everybody is welcome and U 2
;-)
German Whistler

Post by German Whistler »

nickthepiedpiper wrote:Ok, so here's the new design. I wanted to incorporate the Oregon Coast into it, and I modeled the silhouette after Paddy Moloney, and borrowed the description of our beloved instrument from the chiff and Fipple page - that should cover all the bases. Let me know if it is any better.
Now i know why i had a dejavue when i saw your design
i saw a video some days agao wich looks very similar ;-)
see it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAK_Jr-Z4aY&feature=plcp
Andreas Fischer the "German Whistler"
PLay Whistles since May 2012

* My Whistles and other Instruments
* My WeBlog
Recommendation:
* My (Your) Music Community
A monthly Learn and Compare Challenge and more!
Everybody is welcome and U 2
;-)
nickthepiedpiper
Tell us something.: I love Irish whistles and I make them and play them and at times I enjoy talking about them. I also play Uilleann pipes and love Celtic music in general.

Post by nickthepiedpiper »

Getting Better.....
O'Mulriain

Post by O'Mulriain »

It looks great! I like what you did with the "2013". I think you did a good job with the band members at the bottom. It looks a little funny with all of the ladies in the bottom right corner wearing black against a black background, but A) I certainty don't find it to be ugly or even mildly bothering, it just kinda sticks out and B) they're always wearing black, which is fine.
Also, I like the new shiny whistle separating the poster's two halves.
A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God. Ecclesiastes 2:24
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Nick,
I agree with all the points made by O'Mulriain. I also think the selection of musicians is super! Great job all around. :thumbsup:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
nickthepiedpiper
Tell us something.: I love Irish whistles and I make them and play them and at times I enjoy talking about them. I also play Uilleann pipes and love Celtic music in general.

Ok, so slight lineup change, Fraser Fifield will now have our Friday evening Concert. Were are Very excited to have him come over from Scottland to join our festival. He will also be giving workshops. Cherish the Ladies are confirmed as well as Legacy, Driving with Fergus, Geraldine Murray, and Phil Hardy said he might be able to make it. we still need some more sponsors and a few whistle players that will pay for not too much money.

here's the poster as it is so far:
tompipes

Post by tompipes »

Very tempted to attend that weekend. I may even apply for a vendors booth...... Hmmmmm

Tommy
nickthepiedpiper

Would love to have you there! And if you'd like to sell whistles, there's a $25 discount for whistle makers.
tompipes

Post by tompipes »

Thanks Nick,

I'm very seriously considering attending. The only thing that would stop me is my summer touring schedule.

If I'm free I'll be there!

Tommy
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Nick,
Great to see things moving forward toward Fipple Fest in such a great way, in no small measure due to your outstanding job in organizing it. :thumbsup:

Not that you don't already have enough to do, but being that you are in the command post for Fipple Fest, do you think it might be possible to post a list of whistle makers and vendors who have stated they will definitely be attending? If the list was formatted so that it could be posted here on C & F, and that it can be periodically updated as new makers and vendors commit, this would allow Chiffers to view and potentially make plans to attend. It gives the makers and vendors some degree of advanced exposure while serving to create some interest and excitment on the part of potential or on the fence attendees. Just a suggestion. :thumbsup:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff