OT - Feeling like shyte...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Congrats, BTW, Jessie!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
JessieK wrote: I took six (all positive)! Hee.
So does that mean you're expecting sextuplets? :boggle:
I most certainly hope not!!!
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

For personal reasons, if I were to acquire the surname of Driscoll, I would name a girl Carol, as Carol Driscoll was, is and will be one of the nicest human beings I've ever had the opportunity to work with and consider a friend.

Though I love the name Aisling, going from a hard 'G' to a hard 'D' doesn't sound terribly good to me.

In general, I love my culture's tendancy to name a child after an admired, deceased relative, if not the actual name then a derivitive of it. For me it would be my father Gerald, my grandmother Rose, and I would go with Ross Garret, or Jeremy Ross for a boy, probably Jenna Rose for a girl. Taking my Tyghre's family into account, there is no way I would allow another Ann in the family...WAY too many Ann's!....Richard isn't bad, but it doesn't do much for me. . .Moot point...no wee whistlers in my future.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Jack

Post by Jack »

I rather like the name Anastasia Echinacea Beaverhousen.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I think we have a winner!

What do you think, Jess?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Anastasia Echinacea Beaverhousen, it is!
Jack

Post by Jack »

I feel so honored... :lol:
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Hi Jessie,
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!! :party: :party: You sound so happy. I am so glad things are finally going the way you want and deserve them to.

I wrote a long reply the other day but my husband restarted the computer without realizing I had unfinished things on it, so it was lost. I sincerely hope that your morning sickness goes away soon and doesn't act like mine (all three children I was very, very sick for the whole 9 months). Things I would suggest that may help are ginger and B6, like others already mentioned...also eating constantly all day long. Find things that sound good to you and nibble something every hour, if you can. I never felt hungry so I didn't eat but then the nausea would get really bad. Try to keep snacks by your bed so you can eat something when you wake up in the night and before you get out of bed in the morning. It helps if your stomach never gets totally empty. Also, there are a couple of prescriptions you can get. The weaker one didn't really seem to do anything for me. The strong one helped but it was so expensive my insurance company would only pay for 7 pills.

I also felt really sick any time I tried to play the whistle my last pregnancy...I hope you don't get as rusty and out of practice as I got! Probably you won't, since you are a much better player than I am. :)

I wish you luck and I will pray that your "morning" (I used to tell my husband "this should be called the 9-month flu!!") sickness passes quickly, that you have a healthy pregnancy, an easy labor, and a wonderful new life with your husband and baby.

Kiirsi
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thank you very much, Kiirsi. Today was THE WORST it's been so far. I was up at 5 AM...I tried to eat but it was too late. I begged my mom to come over and make me some chicken soup (which she did), because I have a cold, too, and today is Dan's bachelor party (bowling and barbecue). I have a new respect for mothers. I cannot imagine going through this more than once. Perhaps I'll adopt future kids. Geez.

~Jessie
Paul

Post by Paul »

Jessie, wow! Congratulations to you and Dan! What a great trip to Ireland. I've been away from C&F for a few days and just saw this thread. I'll never forget when I met my wife. It's like I can see one side fo the room and she the other and together we can do anything. It's like coming out of a huge dark woods when you meet "the one". I am truely happy for you.
Last edited by Paul on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Paul, that is beautiful! It does feel that way, and as if everything that ever happened to either of us led to this wonderful present and future.

We already got the minivan! Dan says he wants us to refer to it as "the Windstar," because "the minivan" sounds so, um, parental or something.

:)
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I love the names Seamus and Declan. My accountant and one of my closest friends (two different gentlemen) are both named Declan. It's also Elvis Costello's real first name.

But compromise is one of the best lessons you'll learn in marriage. I always wanted to have a son and name him Abraham. Then he could be called Abe McCabe. Really rolls off the tongue, don't you think? My wife does not share my sense of whimsy in naming the children (though she lets me have pretty free reign with the pets). Thus my sons are named Timothy and Owen.

I have no girls, but if I did have one, I would name her Alana. Or maybe Aileen.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

Congratulation Jessie!

It was great to hear you found someone to treasure, who treasures you, and the little treasure thats along the way.

For the morning sickness, my ex-wife set out a glass of iced orange juice by the bed each night. When she arose during the night she would take a sip to restore the energy Jake and Jon were drawing from her. OJ raises the blood sugar quicker than any thing else and if you queeziness is blood sugar related a little dose at night will keep it from dropping so low each morning.

While Jacob was perculating, we kicked around a number of names, and when frustrated with the lack of concensus, I'd threaten to name the kid, Boggy. The prospect of Boggy Marsh kept things in perspective for us. A name was something only the heart and soul of the bearer can shape for true. I hope you find a name that both you and Dan can easily draw at speed and strength to guide the wee one along the way.
My suggestions are:
For the lady: Deidre Elysha Alise Keely Selia Tera Breanna
or
For the lad: Andre David Duncan Delaney Cameron Cian Cullan Bowen Galen

Take care for nicknames and initials; they can suprise you. For example, Breanna Alise Driscol might be a BAD choice.

May your hearts be as one
bright in new beginnings,
merry in melody
of warmth
shared and growing.

May your hearts together
find that balance
of melody, harmony, and rythmn
that you may always ...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Grannymouse

Wee one

Post by Grannymouse »

Best wishes to you Jessie. The first time you hold that wee one in your arms........you'll know there is a God.
love from Gm
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Desiderata
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

The only thing that helped Jodi (my wife) when she had morning sickness was MILK. Lot's and lot's of milk. And her "morning sickness" was most of the day sickness for the first 3 months or so.

She's about to have #3 (due Sept. 22) and has had little or no morning sickness with this pregnancy. I guess your body must get used to it after the first time.

Sorry if someone else already mentioned the milk idea but I didn't have time to read through 7 pages of replies! :)

We've got two daughters (Olivia and Iona) and are having a much harder time deciding on a name this time (boy name)...

-Brett