Contacting Löfgren

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ZeeCount
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Contacting Löfgren

Post by ZeeCount »

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Löfgren? I've tried emailing him a couple of times but I haven't got a response yet (and I can't send pm on the forum yet).

P.s: I've been lurking on these forums for a while now. I'm a composer from New Zealand as well as a classically trained oboist. I decided to try out playing whistles a few months ago and discovered that they use an almost identical fingering system to the oboe (though much simplified). I also played the highland pipes for about 10 years when I was younger and a lot of the finger movements are very similar.
retired
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Contacting Löfgren

Post by retired »

ZeeCount - I've pm'd him recently from this forum but haven't heard back from him either. I've a Lofgren low D - it's a pretty good whistle but since you're in N Z have you checked with Reviol ? - great tone - I've one of them also.
saintninian

Post by saintninian »

Your best bet remains the PM; it shouldn't be long before you are enabled and can send one. I was in the same boat you are in. I sent two emails to Mr. Lofgren inquiring about how to order whistles from him, but never heard back. I then tried sending a PM; however, since one must log in to Chiff and Fipple to receive PM's, and since Mr. Lofgren signed in very infrequently, he didn't receive the PM either. Finally, I saw someone on Ebay selling a set of Lofgren whistles which were just what I was looking for, and I jumped on them. I then sent Mr. Lofgren a second PM saying never mind about my previous PM, and THAT DAY he logged in to Chiff and Fipple! Life is definitely strange.

In conclusion, ladies and germs: Send the PM when you can; he will eventually get it, and hopefully respond. It's definitely worth the effort, as Mr. Lofgren makes fine whistles. I have the aluminum high D in front of me at work right now, so I can play a bit on my breaks.
ZeeCount

Post by ZeeCount »

I've got a Low D by Reviol and it's a fantastic instrument with a lovely rich dark flute like tone to it. What I'm interested in is an Alto G/F set, which is why I'm trying to contact Löfgren. Maurice very kindly sent me a set down to try, but it wasn't the sort of tone I was looking for. Not to knock Reviol though; the instruments are of a fantastic quality, and they have a very usable flute like tone, I'm just looking for something that is a bit brighter and purer.
JoFo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by JoFo »

I know that Lars Larry Mór Mott has played Löfgren whistles for quite a while. Maybe he might be able to help you get in touch with Löfgren.
Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr.Nate »

I tried contacting Marc in July about ordering a couple of whistles a few years ago and it took him a while to get back to me. Not sure but he might take a summer vacation in July. After our first contact he responded within a day or two and I got all the whistles that I ordered.
Whistling in the Rockies!!
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

saintninian wrote:Your best bet remains the PM
I searched "members" both under "Marc" and under "Lofgren" and he's not there. EDIT: Thank goodness for the Makers List, I looked him up there, he's "yellowhistler" and I've sent a PM.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
ZeeCount

Post by ZeeCount »

I PMed him as well, however he hasn't signed in since July 27th, so I don't think he has received it yet.
Viking of Kiev
Tell us something.: The nick is outdated, I'd been living in Kiev for 13 years but now I am located in St.Petersburg, Russia.

Post by Viking of Kiev »

As far as I know Marc Löfgren has got married a month or two ago and been travelling far from Sweden since then having his honeymoon with his wife.
I know it because I know his wife.
In all, he once told me he was alone to make his whistles with noone to help despite good machines and all equipment so in case of many orders there would be some delays inevitable.

Anyway i hope Marc will soon come back to whistlemaking and answer everybody's inquieries.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Thanks for the info Viking! Yes he has better things to do at the moment than be cooped up in his workshop, it seems!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle